Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saved up all my last three hunts worth to spare you all. Now you'll just have one long post to sort through! :D Yer welcome! ;D

Last Saturday, Lisa, Terri and I went to the latest tear down. Stayed a couple of hours and found a few keepers.
See that privit growing around the well? I decided that I needed to hunt there and took the loppers and cut it back......
100_1532-1.jpg

That Saturday, I only cut half of it down. First hit was a wheat cent. Second one was a neat token from a car dealership worth $5.00 towards a car purchase. :thumbsup: They were celebrating their 21st anniversary---1916 to 1937. The name of the company on it is Edwards Chevrolet Motor Co. Now..there is a Edwards Chevrolet in Birmingham that is operating but I don't know if it's one in the same. I called to talk to the big boss there to see if I could get some history, but he wasn't in. :-\ Thanks to John for the help on the token information! :)
IMG_5750.jpg

IMG_5746.jpg

Next thing dug was a dog tag from 1956 and a 25 cent play money .
IMG_5743.jpg

IMG_5745.jpg

Got a couple of wheats and a tiny rabbit mold and a marble.
IMG_5742.jpg

Sunday we went back for another couple of hours and I cut more of the privit down. Found a little fork, a car, eyed a couple of buttons, a wheat and a spot of gold. :icon_sunny:
IMG_5753.jpg

IMG_5754.jpg

When I first dusted it off, I thought it had rubies set in the heart. :o But after I got home and washed it up a bit, there's little black something-or-others in there. ??? I don't have a clue what they are. :P :D
IMG_5762.jpg

IMG_5765.jpg

Then yesterday afternoon, Lisa and I visited a new site.
Thanks Lisa for the pic! Here's the place and that's me on the phone with RiverRat. :D
hugheshouse.jpg

And here's what I came home with...
A bus token from Montgomery, seven wheats, a pin for something, another something that looks like it use to have some sort of stones that are now gone, the key, a round disk that has writing on it..only thing I can read looks like 'novelty'? , another 25 cent play money, a lipstick tube..haven't opened it yet to see what colour it is :D , and a button with a pointer on it.
IMG_5769.jpg

IMG_5770.jpg

IMG_5771.jpg

IMG_5773.jpg

Have a great week!!

Nana :wink:

Upvote 0

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, that is a lot of hunting!

WTG, You should hit those sites maybe again.

Keep @ it and HH!!

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nana,
Ya done did great and congrats on the gold :thumbsup:

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt and great finds Nana. Congrats!! :thumbsup:

Bertman

Apr 13, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE, Minelab E-Trac
Great finds Nana... That Edwards token rocks...

The 25 cent play coin (with the cowboy and two pistols) appears to be from the Transogram company... Can you provide pics of the other play coin... (front & back)...

HH Robert

DD-777

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2007
Over the River and thru the Woods...
Detector(s) used
Team Tesoro
Fantastic finds Nana!!! Love that Edwards token - think of how valuable that was to someone buying a car back then - now it'll barely get you a gallon of fuel...

That gold "charm" - you think that could possibly be onyx? Just a guess...

Keep on swingin'... :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Nana40

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, Dex! :)

Nicky baby! I'm here. ;D Just been waiting on the cool down! :thumbsup: Right back at'cha! :-*

Thanks, Mud! :) I'm sure we'll be going back soon.

Thanks BBay!! :)

Bert..Thanks for that ID! Here's a pic of the other one...thanks for taking the time!! :)

IMG_5787.jpg

IMG_5789.jpg

DD...I don't know what they are? There is no luster what so ever on them. I was hoping someone would know. :) Thanks!!

Rob! Can you believe it! NO tax tokens this time! :D Thanks!

Thank you James! Hopefully we can all get together soon and hunt! :)

Thank you AA! :-*

Nana :)

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Nana, you have found some cool tokens and relics. I like that $5 off toward a car purchase token. Times have sure changed. ::)

Your gold pendant with the little black stones is very interesting, and another nice find. :thumbsup:

Keep The Passion High!!

Congrats,
CAPTN SE
Dan

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Those are some nice looking finds Nana.

That little gold heart is not a easy object to detect. They may be onyx chips or a semi precious stone called black hematite.

HH Jer

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Nana, it has been great watching you and the other ladies excel in detecting! You made some very nice finds and I would love to do a hunt with the girls some day. HH, Mike

Ohio Jerry

Feb 20, 2008
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Cool digs Nana!! See if theres a number stamped under the roof of that car. It looks like a Barclay,probably came with a car carrier set..yeah,I'm just a big kid :icon_pirat:
Jerry

jorge del norte

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2005
nc
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex - Tesoro Conquistador Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i bet that gold is heavy

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
You "almost" have great finds, close but no cigar. Now if you had found a zipper pull. . . . . . :wink: ;D :thumbsup:

GREAT stuff as usual.

Bertman

Apr 13, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE, Minelab E-Trac
Hey Nana... The Transogram play coin you found, one with the overlapped pistols, is listed with a rarity of R1 (over 5,000 estimated in existence)... Don't see a company listed for the Play money (25 with star in center) but that one is listed as an R4 (200 to 500 estimated in existence)... Unfortunately there is no price listed in the documentation I have...

HH Robert

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread