tokens and dog tag

jon43

Jan 18, 2006
owensboro , ky
i put this in the cleaning post. i found this dog tag and two more tokens years back. i could not read nothing on them but the word on the dog tag: this dog. cleaned them with peroxide and lemon juice. now i see the name and the address of the owner of the dog. lura Kemp 107 plum street owensboro, KY. and rival dog food the other two i need to put them through the same thing again but at least i can read some thing on them. the round one has something about roofing and the other on has la.rue owensboro ,KY. and both got other letters that i can not make out. i ran out of peroxide and i only had a bit. i was awestruck the way it cleaned up that dog tag. and cleaned the others were i could make them out. :)

Attachments

• dog tag.jpg
    dog tag.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 327
  • tokens.jpg
    tokens.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 323
  • dog tag.jpg
    dog tag.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 321
  • tokens.jpg
    tokens.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 322
D

diane bandy

Re: Identification tag for a dog, Dog ID tag, Australian dog license tax tag

Hi, I am showing a representative of a NEW ID Rival dog food brand tag that you dug. Also is a dog tax (license or registration) tag from Australia. The leather collar attachment loop is still intact. This brass tag was good for the year 1886-1887. On the reverse side is a registration number (serial number) and the district number.

By the way if a tag is marked '86 or '89, this means the 1800s !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• img616.jpg
    img616.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 295
OP
OP
jon43

jon43

Jan 18, 2006
owensboro , ky
jon43 said:
i put this in the cleaning post. i found this dog tag and two more tokens years back. i could not read nothing on them but the word on the dog tag: this dog. cleaned them with peroxide and lemon juice. now i see the name and the address of the owner of the dog. lura Kemp 107 plum street owensboro, KY. and rival dog food the other two i need to put them through the same thing again but at least i can read some thing on them. the round one has something about roofing and the other on has la.rue owensboro ,KY. and both got other letters that i can not make out. i ran out of peroxide and i only had a bit. i was awestruck the way it cleaned up that dog tag. and cleaned the others were i could make them out. :)
i found out that the owner of the dog tag died here in 1962

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions