Tokens you might enjoy and additional ones.

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was talking to Borninok today and he brought up a token he had found. It turned a light bulb on :idea1: and I located my old tokens that I found MD'n over 20 years ago. Two of my favorites. Hope you enjoy and thanks for looking.
token.jpg

token1.jpg

PICT0003-1.JPG

Burdie :)

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Re: Tokens you might enjoy seeing.

lol those are too cool! Glad you drug them out and took pics for us! Thanks!

OP
OP
Burdie

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Tokens you might enjoy seeing.

Thanks for the information ID Just my luck. I do know that I dug it in 1976 at Pittsburg, Kansas. I never researched Haps bath house but I think I will now. Thanks again.
Burdie

Here is another place that varifies what ID was saying. http://www.kenbarr.com/fantasy.html
I think I will get more out and see what you guys think.

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Those are definitely cool! I would find it hard to part with any of them even if you did find out some were not original tokens....still very interesting and part of your history. Thanks for finding more to show us! Never seen most of those and certainly never a triangle one!

Tell your grandson not to give up on me....got real busy and real sick but going to hopefully have things put together and sent by the end of the week! ~hugs~

OP
OP
Burdie

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And more. Hope I am not boring you.
PICT0006.JPG

PICT0007.JPG

PICT0009.JPG

PICT0010.JPG

PICT0012.JPG

One of the tokens says PHENYO CAFFEIN cures headache and neuralgia PHENYO CO. Worecester Mass

Thanks for looking and any information would be appreciated.
Burdie

borninok

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2007
Kerrville, TX
Detector(s) used
White's DFX: Minelab Excalibur 1000
Regarding Burdie's post, around 1971 or so, I was helping my uncle plow some land in Oklahoma. As luck would have it.................and those of you who are or who have been farmers before know what I am talking about..............after one of the rounds, I had to pee. Hey, when ya gotta go, ya gotta go. Anyway, I just happended to notice something that I had just plowed up................and it was a 1931 Cyrus McCormick International Harvester token. Here's an example of one from somebody on Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/CENTENNIAL-OF-R...goryZ831QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Both sides are like the one shown on Ebay. I have often thought of that piece of land, and hope to go MD it after CTH2. No doubt in my mind that there could be other things out there in that field.

If you all saw the movie "Twister", this property was one of the pieces of land shown in the movie.

BTW.....I know the token isn't worth much, but it was a huge catalyst in my thirst to start this hobby called metal detecting. Hey, if I can unearth something just by plowing, just think what I could do with a metal detector! WOW! :icon_sunny: :icon_sunny: :icon_sunny: :icon_sunny:

--Mel

borninok

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Burdie don't worry about boring me...I am totally fascinated!! Those are too cool!

Great story Mel! I can remember turning over a thing or two plowing too but never anything so cool as a token like that! Mine were usually old fence posts, pieces of disc, sections of wire fence......lol just stuff to drag out of the field! or if it was small leave it til we picked rock....anyone that lives and farms in this area can tell you these fields grow rock far better than anything else...gotta pick rock twice as often as you do crops and just keep getting more of it!

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Burdie, those are some great tokens. 8) :o

Cynangyl said:
Burdie don't worry about boring me...I am totally fascinated!! Those are too cool!

Great story Mel! I can remember turning over a thing or two plowing too but never anything so cool as a token like that! Mine were usually old fence posts, pieces of disc, sections of wire fence......lol just stuff to drag out of the field! or if it was small leave it til we picked rock....anyone that lives and farms in this area can tell you these fields grow rock far better than anything else...gotta pick rock twice as often as you do crops and just keep getting more of it!

I'm guessing that's probably why they have so many rock fences in England. :-\

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
lol that would be my guess too....should have seen the look on my dad's face when he saw they sold those rocks at nurseries in the valley for big bucks for folks gardens...same old lava rock we grew in our fields....he told the guy if he wanted to drive over and load it he could have all he wanted to haul out! lol

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Man Burdie those are awesome or to quote my kids "freaking awesome"!!!!!

I have the one whiskey token I have found and that's about it.

Great and thanks for sharing the pictures.

jimb

Feb 22, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Grate tokens! The half cents are hard to find! Good Job!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread