Tom Massie meets Mr. Pepper

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
This past weekend Mr. Pepper loaded up me, and his two sisters, in the SUV and off we went to North Georgia. Destination, Gainsville, GA. for the Gold Prospecting Show. We arrived a day ahead of the show and Mr. Pepper took us to Loud Mine (LMDA land) where we are members. He road back towards the creek and saw a young fellow standing there looking things over. The young man turn to look at us and Mr. Pepper got real excited and almost yelled "THERE'S TOM!!" Mr. Pepper then proceeds to exit the SUV in quite a haste to have a few words with his TV idol.

They had a good visit. Tom told him he was fixing to film a show there at Loud Mine. He told Mr. Pepper he could hang around if he wanted to but Mr. Pepper decline and just told Tom to have his staff put out some dirt so he could highbank. :tard: :D

At the Gold show the next day Tom signed autographs. Mr. Pepper didn't bother him with that. After the autographs Tom rushed off on his way to do a lecture on the Alaska Expedition. He happen to pass right by Mr. Pepper and remembered him and shook his hand again.

The bottom line at least in Mr.Pepper's opinion is, Tom Massie is a swell dude. :thumbsup:

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Re: Tom Massy meets Mr. Pepper

Tom is a swell dude indeed! So glad Mr Pepper got a chance to meet him and see just how personable he is. Sounds like a great trip and oh so glad you guys decided to go. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Pepper2004

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
Thanks, Cyna. Mr. Pepper watches Toms show faithfully. The trip was great. Tom mentioned they might have a common dig at Loud Mine soon but wasn't sure how many days it would be. We haven't been to one of those yet and look forward to it.

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
They are an absolute blast when they do them! If there is any way you can make it to one, do it....it is great fun and you get to meet a lot of great folks too! Usually you have the option of doing 3 days or 5 and the split is according to how many days you are there working on the common and you have free time to work on your own as well. I loved it when I went to one.

CanUDigIt

Oct 1, 2007
Chester County, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
I met him at the GPAA show in PA. Unfortunately, I don't get the channel he is on. He stopped and interviewed me while I was in line to get in. My cable provider stinks!

gametalman52

Jul 27, 2007
Northeast Georgia
Detector(s) used
DFX,XLT, Goldbug
Pepper, Pepper, Pepper, You guys have to do a common dig with GPAA. Work and fun, but everyone is there to have a good time and get a little gold. you will probably has some great new friends also.

OP
OP
Pepper2004

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Thanks all for the replies and reading my thread. We have made plans to go to a common dig as soon as a date is set. Both of us Pepper's will enjoy meeting new folks there. CanYouDigIt, I'm sorry you can't get the Gold Fever show. Mr. Pepper records them and watches them at leisure.
I'm glad you got to meet Tom, he is a nice man.

gametalman52, have you ever been to Loud Mine? If so have you ever met Cotton? He is an old time with a volume of mining information!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread