Attachments

• DSC00414.JPG
    DSC00414.JPG
    126.6 KB · Views: 1,017

acevillav

May 5, 2005
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Her's some Tom Ryan info for you. Tom Ryan's art work has been found on the pages of numerous magazines devoted to western life and culture. Among these are Western Horseman, The Quarter Horse Journal, The Gilcrease Magazine of American History and Art, Southwest Art, Art of the West, and Persimmon Hill, as well as Time and Life. His art is featured at the National Cowboy Hall of Fame in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, and at leading art galleries and museums throughout the Southwest.

Among his other awards for his amazing artistic achievements, Tom received the Lifetime Achievement Award from the National Cowboy Hall of Fame and Western Heritage Center in 1996 during the ceremonies for the Prix de West Invitational Exhibition.

Tom Ryan is a member of the Cowboy Artists of America and the National Academy of Western Art

The painting Split Decision - Tom Ryan was inspired to paint this art work when he saw some cowboys pushing some cows into a corral. One of the calves cut back, and with an instantaneous reaction, one of the hands threw a quick loop down to his left side and heeled the calf promptly.

Nice score :icon_thumright: Ace Villa-v

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
Beans, you did good! You picked up a winner.

HH
Desertfox

OP
OP
Beans

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys,

Ace, very good info. You seem to know the history behind the painting, nice history.
Do you guys want to see the other items? Prints

acevillav

May 5, 2005
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Please post more. I would love to see what other loot you snagged ;D

Ace Villa-v

OP
OP
Beans

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
3 More Tom Ryan prints

Attachments

• DSC00412.JPG
    DSC00412.JPG
    146.9 KB · Views: 894
  • DSC00416.JPG
    DSC00416.JPG
    116.6 KB · Views: 902
  • DSC00418.JPG
    DSC00418.JPG
    150.8 KB · Views: 862
OP
OP
Beans

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2 Native American Artist Prints.

Attachments

• DSC00408.JPG
    DSC00408.JPG
    110.7 KB · Views: 853
  • DSC00406.JPG
    DSC00406.JPG
    161.7 KB · Views: 861

acevillav

May 5, 2005
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
I saw your prints on eBay fro 10-12 each plus shipping . Who was the other artist on the native American prints? They are a numbered series so that's a good thing.

OP
OP
Beans

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
acevillav said:
I saw your prints on eBay fro 10-12 each plus shipping . Who was the other artist on the native American prints? They are a numbered series so that's a good thing.
Right now I only have one Tom Ryan print on ebay, the first one on this message. I kind of like them and thinking more about keeping the them.
I do believe and I can kick my behind for not getting it, was one done by Nevaquaya's son which commands a better price. Do not know the others, to many people grabbing, it was kind of like tossing a dead fish in a pool of piranha. Had one lady demand that the Nevaquay print was hers and demanded I give it to her. I was nice about it and the Estate sales lady let me keep it.

acevillav

May 5, 2005
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Sounds like a free-for-all, gets like that sometimes. I try to get there as early as they will let me in.

P.S. Doom on that hater trying to scam your loot >:(

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
acevillav said:
Sounds like a free-for-all, gets like that sometimes. I try to get there as early as they will let me in. P.S. Doom on that hater trying to scam your loot >:(
I was just at a yard sale last saturday and I walk up to the table where i saw some jewelry. A guy was already going thru the small bowl. I asked him if they were his and he said yes so I didn't stick my fingers in the bowl but I did stay close by and looked at some other scattered jewelry. He bought most of what was in the bowl. After he left to pay I looked thru what was left and found three 925 bracelets + I picked up three more pieces of jewelry. I offered $1 for all the lady didn't like my offer so I asked if I could put back "these three" and then she like my offer. :thumbsup:

I then went back to my car and the first jewelry guy was just getting in his car. We had a nice 15 min conversation. He does basically what I do, but he didn't have a magnifying glass and he let me look at what he bought. Nothing was marked so I am sure I got the better deal. I suggested he get a "glass"

I was at another sale several weeks ago and this guy brought out some gold and as I was testing them two different people started to pick them up. and this was after they watched me test and put them in their own little pile. I actually had to grab their hand and force them to put them back. (they would not have understood english)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread