tone discrimination?

V

virgin

hi everybody

couple of years ago went out with friend and his metal detector to spend some nice time. We decided to visit an old churchyard, although the ground was several times bulldozed we wanted to overcheck. And it still amuzes me that after only ten minutes we found 2 brooches from beginning of 1900 and finally the pearl: an silver coin from 1500-1600, not mentioning all the ammo from II ww. All these years it haunts my memories and now i`m ready to buy an detector myself. I`ve been doing some research in the internet and found the GTAX 550 is allmost what i need. The only problem or actually question that bothers me is that it doesn`t have tone discriminations (yes, except the belltone). I used my friends machine and it had a different tones for iron, silver-gold etc. What do you think is this a issue at all or not?

thanks for your cents.

brgd

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome. that is a loaded question? :D "Is it an issue or not ?"? . that is something I believe you have to answer. I like the Multi tones of the Minelabs, myself. But , I'm shure there are many that don't realy care. SORRY this is the best answer I can give on this one. GOOD LUCK & let us know your decision. ............. jeff

OP
OP
V

virgin

hi again and thank you all

I think i got the answer from these replys. So i`ll go on gtax 550. Anyway all the detectors with all their functions are not 100 % sure, and as mentioned: you have to dig out everything not to miss some good stuff.
Really big plus on Garretts side was that we have these military shops in Kosovo and if order through these shops i don`t have to pay any european taxes, vats etc. Also get 10% off of the 399$. Unfortunately there were only three models in catalogue: treasure ace 100; 200 and gtax 550. So i guess the best choice would be 550.

thanks one more time

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread