Tone hunting

mag

Jun 8, 2007
Went hunting and basically used 4H tones on my F75. VDI's in this area have always been erratic so I decided to go strickly by sound and it paid off today. All three of the silver dimes read in the high 80's where a quarter usually reads, but I was determined to go by sound only today. Try it in the areas where the VDI's are very jumpy and you might just be surprised.

Attachments

• SANY2051.JPG
    SANY2051.JPG
    96.1 KB · Views: 275

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
mag said:
Went hunting and basically used 4H tones on my F75. VDI's in this area have always been erratic so I decided to go strickly by sound and it paid off today. All three of the silver dimes read in the high 80's where a quarter usually reads, but I was determined to go by sound only today. Try it in the areas where the VDI's are very jumpy and you might just be surprised.
Hello yes the meters on all machine will lie to you and tone hunting is the only way to get it all!!!
thanks Gary

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The tone hunting can increase you better finds for you in other ways. For instance when I am detecting a sandy beach I will pass up the high coin tones and leave those for the rubes and only scoop the mid tones which in many cases are nickels, pull tabs and gold rings. I give up the silver rings and coins this way but cover much more area for the chance at the gold and it pays off. Time spent digging junk or coins is less time finding the good stuff. Just depends on the amount of fun you wanna have.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread