Jun 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• image-1780950555.jpg
    image-1780950555.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 148
Upvote 1
I admire you perseverence--if you keep at it at an old site like that good things are bound to come. Just out of curiosity what type of machine are you using and what part of the country are you in?

I admire you perseverence--if you keep at it at an old site like that good things are bound to come. Just out of curiosity what type of machine are you using and what part of the country are you in?

At pro up here in Michigan, most of em I knew we're probably beaver tails since so many were coming out but I dig em just in case :P

At pro up here in Michigan, most of em I knew we're probably beaver tails since so many were coming out but I dig em just in case :P

AT Pro is a fine machine--good finds will definitely be coming your way. I dug a pulltab signal last summer and it turned out to be a diamond engagement ring. You'll definitely be digging some surprises :icon_thumleft:

AT Pro is a fine machine--good finds will definitely be coming your way. I dug a pulltab signal last summer and it turned out to be a diamond engagement ring. You'll definitely be digging some surprises :icon_thumleft:

Nice! Thanks for the encouragement :)

somewhere in the world there are some sad beavers.......beavers that lost their tails, poor poor beavers

where at in michigan ive had people tell me that garrett machines dont like the soil but i cant find a more versatile machin then the at pro i want to buy one

I found beaver tail tops like that all the time, never found a silver coin yet. Several areas here in OKC you find them just laying on top of the ground still.

where at in michigan ive had people tell me that garrett machines dont like the soil but i cant find a more versatile machin then the at pro i want to buy one

In macomb county, I don't think the soil has anything to do with it, maybe they didn't ground balance it? IDK

I found beaver tail tops like that all the time, never found a silver coin yet. Several areas here in OKC you find them just laying on top of the ground still.

Yeah, I crawled under the house for a bit and I think there was one on top down there too... Does anyone know when they stopped making them like this? 70s? 80s?

looks like you were digging around an old bar

In macomb county, I don't think the soil has anything to do with it, maybe they didn't ground balance it? IDK
ah ok i live in antrim county its mostly sand and gravel here with alot of glacial dredge

looks like you were digging around an old bar

Lol I doubt it but that'd have some potential! It's kind of in an empty lot next to a farmers field so maybe people just partied there, there is a tad of graffiti on the inside the building too... I'm thinking it was a house since it has an address on top and a very old broken pump in front, but it is very small! Ill probably post a pic soon so I can get you guys thoughts.

Why would you want to know that? Are you looking for more flip tabs???!!!:icon_scratch:LOL!!!

Frank

ah ok i live in antrim county its mostly sand and gravel here with alot of glacial dredge

Along with that glacial dredge is probably some nice placer Gold! The Glaciers brought down a lot of Gold on their travels from the far North to the Gulf of Mexico. Have you tried digging down deep, classifying and panning any of the stuff out? I would bet you can find some!

Frank

"Beavertails"? Hahaha, never heard that one before, cool...

Keep swingin...

Those look like regular pull-tabs to me, sad to say !Glad the beavers still have their tails tho !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back