Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It is entirely too cold out there for this Arky, five degrees with a breeze is just miserable. can't begin to imagine what it is like up north right now. I have lived just south of Chicago years ago and spent four years in Germany but I was a lot younger then. Right now Buckleboy's 60 degrees sounds really nice. we have gone from being flooded and saturated to iceland. So hopefully there will others out there digging and posting their finds the next few days to keep us inside bound happy. Keep warm out there and stay safe my fellow diggers. Jerry

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last night was -1°F with a 30 mph wind at sunset when I took water out to the sheep. That's too friggin cold. It was hard to breathe.

SkinNFluff

Dec 27, 2014
Harrison County, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While you are suffering from your 5 degrees I sit here and the outside temp is 1.1 and a wind chill of -7. Our furnace has not kicked off at all and is set for 72 degrees. Sadly it can't keep up and the temp inside my house is 52 degrees. So I am heading back to bed to cuddle with my dogs.

pgfhgs

Dec 23, 2014
Sedona AZ
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, AT Pro, Ace 250, Tesoro, Teknetics, Bounty Hunter EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I am thinking of heading out to swing! it's a heat wave here of -35 wind chill and an actual temp of -7! plus 5" of snow in the forecast!

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
This is to cold!!:laughing7:

GOD Bless

Chris

funny-dog-stuck-to-fire-hydrant.jpg

OldJerseyGirl

Jun 28, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
White's MXT pro Excaliburll AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I am thinking of heading out to swing! it's a heat wave here of -35 wind chill and an actual temp of -7! plus 5" of snow in the forecast!
No way would I go out. Sounds bad for the game Sunday. But I have faith in my Packers. I am a fan.

Sod Buster

Jun 14, 2014
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, White's Bullseye TRX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While you are suffering from your 5 degrees I sit here and the outside temp is 1.1 and a wind chill of -7. Our furnace has not kicked off at all and is set for 72 degrees. Sadly it can't keep up and the temp inside my house is 52 degrees. So I am heading back to bed to cuddle with my dogs.

Good golly, did you leave a window open or something?

SkinNFluff

Dec 27, 2014
Harrison County, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good golly, did you leave a window open or something?

Nope. Just a furnace that does not have the output it needs. It can handle the teen temps just fine but when it hits the single digits it struggles. Good thing we don't get these temps but maybe a few times a year.

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
actually it was 52 inside the house (trailer raised up off the ground). our heater has finally got it up to 60 but that seems to be it for a while. I really feel for you guys and gals in this winter blast. we keep the water dripping good, the neighbors unfortunately didn't. we are all electric and last year when the ice storm hit, we were over 10 days no power, a week with no heat, nothing like seeing your breath in the house all the time. we stayed in the insulated coveralls day and night until we got some borrowed heat. the sad thing is it is usually in times like this that people lose homes to fires so be safe and keep tabs on everything.

Sod Buster

Jun 14, 2014
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, White's Bullseye TRX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nope. Just a furnace that does not have the output it needs. It can handle the teen temps just fine but when it hits the single digits it struggles. Good thing we don't get these temps but maybe a few times a year.

Well keep bundled up and I'll be hoping for some warmer weather for you :thumbsup:

rwd mo

Jul 26, 2011
SW Mo
Detector(s) used
Minelab/whites/Tesoro/
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I live in sw mo and have a 2 story house with full basement and my new furnace cant keep up either so I use a Buddy propane heater in my basement to keep it about 65* it uses a propane canister and last 6 hrs with out a vent as it has a shutoff sensor they are about 100 bucks but great for deer stands and basements and garages and households as they wont overcome on fumes as they will shut off automaticly . rwd mo

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey dirtlooter!! It was a Balmy 20 down here in Baton Rouge last night!! Suppose to be 32 tonight!! Real Heat Wave!! Stay Warm and Safe!! Anyway, GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I hope the cold spell breaks soon, many people are suffering around the country.

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
how quickly we forget the extreme heat of summer, metal can actually burn you then, but in the winter, you can get stuck to it as Wordtalker shared. I once was changing a flat and the nuts stuck to my fingers, it was a miserable flat change.

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope the cold spell breaks soon, many people are suffering around the country.
It would be down right deadly to not have a place to go on nights like these,I know all the animals in the woods must be doing some snuggling.I just jumped a big red fox out from under the shed earlier while walking buy.Big sucker too!If it had any since it would have stayed put.It might come back.Keep warm out there!

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
how quickly we forget the extreme heat of summer, metal can actually burn you then, but in the winter, you can get stuck to it as Wordtalker shared. I once was changing a flat and the nuts stuck to my fingers, it was a miserable flat change.

I don't recall to many of those extremely hot days here this year,rather on the cooler side.

pkb

Feb 10, 2013
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Two Garrett AT PRO's, two Garrett pro pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tell me about it I cant even get the dog to want to go outside.

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes, Pong12211, mine will look out the door, turn a run jump onto the bed, look at me like I'm crazy. Only goes out when absolutely necessary. I feel sorry for all the outdoor creatures. I know they have their fur coats, but when it's down in the teens and lower, it must be hard on them.

Turbo21

Bronze Member
Jun 24, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eurotek pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was out yesterday and scored silver at 11 degrees and a -2 wind chill

I was planning on an hour hunt today at -2 with a -25 wind chill but got tied up at work. It's not cold just all in your mind. Dig some nice old coins in this weather and you forget all about the cold

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread