Too damn hot to die let alone metal detect

badpenny

Mar 28, 2013
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
but needing a fix I thought I would hit my own yard for the millionth +1 time, and I conclude there is sex underground for sure. Because those damn pennies keep appearing without no one seeding the place or so I think. I better keep an eye on the wife when she makes a potty call during the night; she might be messing with me. I'm just sayin'!

I found a 1980 penny and 1980 Eisenhower dime, along with more junk. I found a empty tube of Black Spit Shine... never saw anything like it and chuckled as I remembered all those shoes I shinned for the USAF back in the day.

Maybe when my neighbor comes out of his den this evening I'll hand him the Sampson and allow him to dig the pennies in his yard. My neighbor across the street was tending to his garden dug a V nickel, and here I am walking around swinging and he stumbles on one. LOL! Go figure...

Potts

Oct 13, 2010
U.P. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hit the water this morning at the park, for some reason I get vertigo as I plant the scoop, thought that only happens when you scoop out that big ring, I don't have to worry about drowning everytime I look up some tourist is asking "did you find anything"...For some reason dressing like the Unabomber is no longer working. I may hit the woods again, hopefully I won't need a blood transfusion with this new bug dope...

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I hit the water this morning at the park, for some reason I get vertigo as I plant the
scoop, thought that only happens when you scoop out that big ring, .

Vertigo? What did it feel like?

OP
OP
badpenny

badpenny

Mar 28, 2013
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL, and he has vertigo... LOL!

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats I ill never get rid of my Atpro can always go from the land to water to hot on land jump in the water & hunt

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Love your username :)

LOL, and he has vertigo... LOL!

Seemed like an appropriate moniker, as I have Bi-Lateral Meniere's (a disease
that destroys the inner ear parts).

I do get vertigo, and once it hits there is no more anything.. just barfing and
praying for it to stop.

If you get all dizzy when you bend over to dig, it could be that the tiny
crystals in your ears are simply misplaced. A good ENT can "re-arrange" them
so that doesn't happen again.

True vertigo could only be the Spawn of Satan, and I would wish it on no one.

Potts

Oct 13, 2010
U.P. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Seemed like an appropriate moniker, as I have Bi-Lateral Meniere's (a disease
that destroys the inner ear parts).

I do get vertigo, and once it hits there is no more anything.. just barfing and
praying for it to stop.

If you get all dizzy when you bend over to dig, it could be that the tiny
crystals in your ears are simply misplaced. A good ENT can "re-arrange" them
so that doesn't happen again.

True vertigo could only be the Spawn of Satan, and I would wish it on no one.

I only have that happen when in the water, could be the waves maybe...

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh DD, thus your name! I kinda wondered before, but, something I wouldn't usually inquire of.
Wow, and your last signature is the one I have been thinking of, and hoping to find, for days now! Thank you!
I gotta ask permission to copy it, before I steal it. LOL!

I'm going to have to look that menieres up also, unless you want to ramble and explain. My first thought and/or concern, is there anything that can help/cure it? It's not a dx, I've run across before. I am truly terribly sorry this is a part of everything you bear and carry.

I know when I have intractable vomiting from pain, only thing stops it for me, is the ER morphine.
Actually, it turns me in to the "Peeeeeerfect Paaaaatttttient! So the ER nurse tells it! LOL! :laughing7:

eta: Oh yeah, everyone stay hydrated, too! It's kidney stone season!

Last edited:

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hit the water this morning at the park, for some reason I get vertigo as I plant the scoop, thought that only happens when you scoop out that big ring, I don't have to worry about drowning everytime I look up some tourist is asking "did you find anything"...For some reason dressing like the Unabomber is no longer working. I may hit the woods again, hopefully I won't need a blood transfusion with this new bug dope...
One Word...........Camo!:laughing7:

OP
OP
badpenny

badpenny

Mar 28, 2013
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike, I am sorry to hear of your condition hence your name fits you well, I can't imagine the feeling of dizziness all the time either. Hopefully swinging the metal detector helps you enjoy life the best you can; it does me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions