Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
As Al Gore and his buddy who drove the train in India (the "climate engineer" who worked with Gore) would say:

"Just more proof of Man Made Global Warming!"

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I feel your pain RN, -10 wind chill here in Norther Ohio today with plenty of lake effect snow just North of me extending East. Saturday it is supposed to rain and may get into the 50's so I am planning on a muddy hunt at the old football field in another town. How's your weekend looking?

OP
OP
relic nut

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel your pain RN, -10 wind chill here in Norther Ohio today with plenty of lake effect snow just North of me extending East. Saturday it is supposed to rain and may get into the 50's so I am planning on a muddy hunt at the old football field in another town. How's your weekend looking?
Not good. Winter mix Sat morning then rain through Sun. Good luck to you. I probably won't go. Maybe Sunday, depends on temp

HH RN

fmrUSMC_0844

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2008
Mormonville, AKA Salt Lake City, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, Whites TDI, Keene A52, Calsluice, Gold Hog Piglet
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Usually thats what we get around here this time of year. (Salt Lake City) Today it is going to be 54 degrees!! Too bad the ground is frozen and Im at work.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Woke up this morning to -21°. Has warmed up to -12°, but not supposed to get much higher today.

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2 and Makro Kruzer
Garrett Carrot pro-pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We got our lake effect today with white out conditions. It was crazy and our ground is frozen too. Saturday may get up to 40, but i think i'm done for the foreseeable future. I did find out that a friend of mine works in the archive department of the Syracuse University library, so my winter wont be all that bad.

Mudflap

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Wallingford, Connecticut 1667
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Dual Field, CZ-21, Vaquero, Home Brewed (3).
Detecting since 1972.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like time to pack up the CZ21 and Dual Field and head from Connecticut to Florida......

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's 19 degrees this morning with a windchill of 4. It's way too early for this here in Virginia. This is the kind of weather we get in late January or mid February what the hell? Hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

HH RN

I tried to click the like button on your post...
But...
My finger froze from the cold.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Loco-Digger,

Tomorrow, it will be in single digits with a wind factor bringing it down below zero...no hunting for me! On Sunday, "they" say high fifties with rain; I'm digging!

Doc

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Loco-Digger,

Tomorrow, it will be in single digits with a wind factor bringing it down below zero...no hunting for me! On Sunday, "they" say high fifties with rain; I'm digging!

Doc

That's the spirit Doc, here's to digging in the mud... cheers :occasion14:

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Not sure how far north you are Loco-Digger, I am 60 miles N of Detroit, we got about 10 inches on the ground, and another 6 on the way tonight 40's Sat. wont help me much I'm afraid. But it is better than the 3 degrees it is now!!!

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like time to pack up the CZ21 and Dual Field and head from Connecticut to Florida......

Take me with you!
HH
dts

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brrrrrr......9 degrees at 7am, going to 25 today. 1 to 3 inches tonight (on top of the 6 inches already out there) and 1 to 3 inches tomorrow turning to rain. Mid to high 40s on Sunday, but not much chance of getting any good spots to hunt.
Equipment all cleaned........but, I left the batteries in.........just in case!!
Haven't hunted since last Sunday........in a snow storm........jonesin' already!!

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Done til Springtime (sometime between March and May) here in Minnesota. On to winter pursuits, like keeping pipes from freezing, chopping ice dams and moving snow.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Our 7 day forcast........ Orlando 12.16.16.jpg :icon_thumright:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Geez T_H I made my Florida trip at the wrong time of the year!

Good thing I got a propane delivery yesterday! It is 21 on my front porch right now, was 13 when I started the coffee pot! It's a bloody heat wave!

OP
OP
relic nut

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's 15 here right now but at least the wind has stopped blowing.

HH RN

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
High of 18 degrees yesterday. Been like this for almost two weeks. Cold came much earlier than last year at this time.

Does my tongue stick to can slaw? - that's how real men determine when to pack it in for home.:tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread