Too Hot To Go Out.............Not !!!

deano

Oct 25, 2008
sioux city ,iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, XP Deus 2, Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 900, Nokta Makro Legend, Nokta Makro Simplex
We've been in the grips of a blistering heat wave but hanging up the detector is not an option for me it just means getting started earlier and finding shadey spots.
Here are my finds from the last 2 weekends. Last friday after work I got out for a short hunt and found the '40s Washington, the '45s war nickel and the 1888 IH plus a couple wheats. Last saturday we had our club outing at a park that gives up silver now and then and I managed the '17s Merc, the '60d Rosie and 3 wheats. Sunday I headed for another park and got the '03, '08d and '13 Barber dimes the '48d and 51 Rosies, the '25d, 18d and no date Buffalos and 12 wheats. A buddy and I headed out this weekend to try a new spot that didn't fare too well so we ended up at a couple parks that I new would produce some silver and I was right we both got a few. I got the '20 and '29 Mercs, a '51 Rosie a '43s war nickel and 6 wheats. Today I headed for another park that was good to me last year and scored the '45d Washington, the '18d and ? ('20 or '30) SLQ and the '20d and '42 Mercs and 8 wheats. 2 SLQs in one hunt is a first for me. The '64 Washington came from the gas station last night, after I got it with my change I went back in and asked for 5 dollars in quarters hoping there were more but no such luck. Thanks for looking, stay cool and HH.
Deano

101_1245.jpg

Upvote 0

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gti 2500, Garrett Gta 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer -- Whites IDX Pro, AutoMax V2 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

CoilFisher

Jul 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I can't believe you are still finding silver in parks.
You must live in a very remote area.

Congrats!

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MINLAB power ;D great score!!! MR TUFF

pl8man

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
San Jose , California
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT PRO with Sunray probe, M6 with a Super 12 coil & a Whites Quantum II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds :headbang:

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CoilFisher said:
I can't believe you are still finding silver in parks.
You must live in a very remote area.

Congrats!
I am not surprised at all, he is using minelab, parks are not hunted out when you swing an etrac! Great finds for sure!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread