All Treasure Hunting
i would go for it....

HH
-GC

jewelerdave

Aug 29, 2007
Fort Collins, Colorado
Detector(s) used
I just follow my nose!...where the silver and gold goes!
Minelab 5000, Goldmaster, and a few others
XRF spectrometer, Common sense.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A lot of the silver is gone, some will always be put into the system on occasion and it takes a lot of work to find just a little bit. Just in my community I was able to clear out 3 to 4 years of accumulation in just a couple months. It will take years to build up again. But I am always hunting so probably not, just depends on the community.

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The number found has dropped off dramatically since I started. An average box for me use to be 7 - 8 90% and 60 - 70 40%. It has not been like that for several years. That was when silver was about $8 an ounce. About 1/2 - 3/4 of my boxes are now skunks, but I do still find some, enough to keep it interesting. I searched a box last night, and only found 1 40%, but that is one more 40% than I started the day with. It adds up.

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't noticed any significant changes over the past 2 years since I have gotten into CRHing much more seriously.

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never done it.....yet, but as long as there are stupid people, or just naive people in this world, more coins will appear.
For example: My brother in law had a box of silver half dollars that his grandmother gave him. He would never have sold them, but his wife's derilect (sp?) brother, who is a junky, stole the coins and got high. Those coins are probably already collected by some of the guys on this forum. There are more drug addicts, stupid kids and old people that don't know what they have.

A couple months back my wife says someone paid for an item at work with some weird looking dimes. I asked her " You brought them home, right?" knowing what they were. She said no, but called her friend at the store to put them aside. Sure enough, two nice mercs.

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh...your in Utah.....nope...not too late.....ha. Give it a whirl......good luck.

firecrest789

Oct 21, 2007
Rome, NY
Detector(s) used
Lone star
grndfisher said:
I must say this sounds fun, but am I too late to find the good stuff? ???
How long have some of you been doing CRH and have your finds started to drop off from when you started?

Thanks and have a great 08!! ;)

Mike

Because there are children, and old people (no offense) there is always time to find things, but it take will to do it. I really don't CRH as much as I want to but I till hunt a lot at work. And it amazes me what people still pay with. Look at some of my till postings,
today I got a silver 1947 dime. I go threw slumps but it is still fun to do.

Never give up, just have fun.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread