Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Patton would consider that a compliment!
To anyone who is interested in Patton and his life in WWII I highly recommend the book "Target Patton".Not a conspiracy collection,well written and researched with sources.Sheds much light on the period immediately following the German surrender and events leading up to Patton,s death.A blood boiler for true Americans.If that doesn,t boil your blood enough get "Soldiers of Misfortune" again,well researched,sources listed,not some BS created for sensationalism.Not for the faint of heart or those with heart conditions exacerbated by high blood pressure.

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To anyone who is interested in Patton and his life in WWII I highly recommend the book "Target Patton".Not a conspiracy collection,well written and researched with sources.Sheds much light on the period immediately following the German surrender and events leading up to Patton,s death.A blood boiler for true Americans.If that doesn,t boil your blood enough get "Soldiers of Misfortune" again,well researched,sources listed,not some BS created for sensationalism.Not for the faint of heart or those with heart conditions exacerbated by high blood pressure.
Thanks for suggestions.

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What gun owner doesn't have at least one AR platform rifle in their collection......?
:hello::BangHead:
Sandy Hook. CT (unConstitution State). Such things are now illegal to buy, and I wasn't quick enough to grab one pre-ban.

OP
OP
Retired Sarge

Retired Sarge

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2009
Panama City Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Seeing this number of rifles brings to mind my days of working inside the Depot Armory aboard Parris Island, S.C. Very nice collection you have.

There's quite a few my wish list. Off the top of my head:

Rifles 1903A3, 1903, P1917, 1861 Springfield, Kar 98, Martini Henry, No 1 Enfield, etc.

Pistols M9 Beretta Commercial, S&W M15-3 or 4 (K9 Combat Masterpiece), P38, P07, East German Makarov (For my EG Grenztruppen der DDR display), etc.

Never ending wish list, mark one off and add 4 more to list at the same time.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Retired Sarge

Retired Sarge

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2009
Panama City Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Sarge, can you get ammo for all of them, or do you reload?
Nice collection.

I can get and have ammo for almost all of them. I've got one box or new made Swiss Vetterli ammo (cost $200.00 for 10 rounds IIRC), make my own Snider Enfield ammo (Real easy to make). Have no Egyptian 43 ammo. All the rest I have at least a couple hundred rounds and some I have a 1000 plus rounds for.

As for reloading, seen too many mishaps, and I'm bound to be one of those type of people. So I haven't tried my hands at it, since I value my hands and my ugly mug.

Last edited:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Seen a few collections and there's an appreciation goes with each one.
The collector showing their collection off is special, as it's not well pubilicized in my country.
I can seethe quality of the collection from the phots and thanks for sharing part of the passion to us all.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yeah i bet you are sore after a day at the range....most of those have no butt plate or a steel one. I have a mosin i picked up for like 100 bucks or something back in the day.....was amazed on how straight it shot with no adjustments after i cleaned all that storage gunk off it.

OP
OP
Retired Sarge

Retired Sarge

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2009
Panama City Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Seen a few collections and there's an appreciation goes with each one.
The collector showing their collection off is special, as it's not well pubilicized in my country.
I can seethe quality of the collection from the phots and thanks for sharing part of the passion to us all.

Glad you appreciate them and enjoyed the pictures.

I never thought I would end up with all these. For many years I had three commercial firearms, 2 each CZ-83s, and my Great Grandfather's shotgun.

Then in Jan 2010 I bought a Turkish Mauser at my wife's insistence and the rest just followed. I'm sure she now regrets convincing me to buy that first MilSurp.

But history must be preserved, both good and bad or else it's forgotten. Plus they make great educational tools.

OP
OP
Retired Sarge

Retired Sarge

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2009
Panama City Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
yeah i bet you are sore after a day at the range....most of those have no butt plate or a steel one. I have a mosin i picked up for like 100 bucks or something back in the day.....was amazed on how straight it shot with no adjustments after i cleaned all that storage gunk off it.

The SKS I have is still leaching that stuff out. After we move back in, it'll be broke down again and the stock hung up in the shed over a bucket to sweat the rest out.

Most (Not all) Mosins will shoot slightly off, due to them originally being sighted in with the bayonet installed. So you got lucky. I love the fireball from the M44. I've tried shooting with the bayonets installed on the M91 and M91/30 and man that makes it a pain in the backside.

After a day at the range, I've gotten home and after a shower discovered my shoulder was black and blue from shooting so much. Small price to pay for slinging lead and belching fire.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread