Too Many Sites

corklabus

Dec 5, 2007
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
none yet
Too Many Sites

Ever feel like there were just too darn many staring you right in the face ??

I've just BEGUN researching my general "neighborhood" and simply can't imagine why there are so few known sites marked out and strangled by the local government. Sure, there's 2 known and marked battle field here which are only good for leading to more of "our type" of research.
Considering this, in only ONE night on the internet, I found evidence of over 10,000 or more troops that moved through here and several unmarked battles and skirmishes. Not to mention locations where some of them camped, both known and unknown.
I guess my next step will be finding maps to help get more perfectionally precice, but hell, I've hunted these woods half my life and already KNOW where the "areas" are. Heck, my ex-son-in-law was raised in the OLD STONE HOUSE........!! Now just how far away could Robert E. Lees' 4000 troops been camped out ??
What really sifts my gravel about it is I ain't even got a detector yet !!!!
And I can't even recall ever seeing anyone doing much around here.

Upvote 0

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Too Many Sites

O.K. , corklabus, your "problem" is the desired illness of all CW relic hunters. Congratulations. ;D Now, how do you tackle it? In my humble opinion, first, make sure to learn exactly WHERE any protected sites are located so you can stay completely away. Second, try to budget for the best relic nailing detector you can afford. ( ability, costs, reliability is spelled TESORO Taejon or at least the Vaquero coupled with an optional large coil ;D ) I'm a certified Tesoro lover. But there are other excellent detectors you can choose and I have no doubt someone is going to point that out to you. ::)

Whatever machine you finally choose, you would do BEST to get one with a MANUAL ground balance ability. That's a deffinite need.

Then proceed exactly like you would in eating an elephant---one bite at a time. Choose a place to hunt, then clean it out. That'll take several trips. Then pick another site and repeat the technique.

And please post your finds on TNet. Sounds like you'll have plenty.

Safe and Happy Hunting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread