Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
...to not be out for just a little while...

Hi all,

Today I got to spend a little time searching a neighborhood yard I've been to before, but this time I searched VERY slowly..I missed about 40 coin targets, one was a '52 wheatie :thumbsup: which was the ONLY obsolete coin out of more than 100 coins I found there >:(

I did find another ring (#45 for the year :o) that was found on the other side of the driveway, where I didn't check all that thoroughly the other times I checked the yard..it was under a small fir tree that was harder to get under than your basic maple or oak ;D It looked like a great find for a second or two, but it only turned out to be 18K gold filled.

R1-4.jpg

R3-4.jpg

It has 6 small stones and the largest one was missing..further observation under the magnifyer showed one of the four prongs in the setting was bent outward, but my digger never touched the ring. I even dug out the hole and put the dirt in a bucket to take home and sift through, but no stone. No matter, what a great day weatherwise near St. Louis..50's and sunny, just a gorgeous day to be outdoors.

With visions of a great turkey dinner with all the trimmings dancing in my head, I left the yard feeling good, anticipating the upcoming holiday season and knowing my pre-Thanksgiving hunt wasn't totally for naught :)

Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving, and hope you can get out if the weather cooperates where you are over the next few days.

Nat

Upvote 0

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
What that is one ugly ring! lol...and i'm a jewelry lover! well, a ring is a ring! congrats

mikewaz

Bronze Member
May 9, 2008
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266 X Fisher F75
Nice finds Nat,
Yeah, it was a beautiful day here in Chicago too, but too bad I was indoors at work. The good thing is mentally I was out at an old site finding lots of coins and tokens :tard:

Hope you get a few more hunts in this year.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Mike

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your hunt Nat. :thumbsup:

cntrydncr1 said:
What that is one ugly ring! lol...and i'm a jewelry lover! well, a ring is a ring! congrats

CD,
It looks better than the gold painted bird band I'm giving my wife for Christmas. Would that qualify as "gold plated"? :icon_scratch: :tongue3:

-MM-

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy Thanksgiving, Nat! :) The weather was beautiful here today too...but I spent the day cleaning up leaves. :-X

Congrats on those finds! Nana :wink:

time4me

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2005
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Explorer II, Excalibur
45 rings... holy cow!!!!!

Congrats!

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find Nat. A ring is a ring buddy...and the weather was too nice to be inside.....like I was ???

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt!!! :thumbsup: Low & slow is the way to go........ :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread