Took 20 Years but FINALLY dug my first CS Marked plate!!! Spanish Silver found too!!

HomeGuardDan

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2011
Williamsburg, VA
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had just about given up digging a CS marked plate, as I have been fortunate to dig my share of union ones and was becoming content, or at least to terms. However today that hole in my collection was finally filled.

Spent today out with my good bud Bill D following up on research and lining up permission for new sites for the year. This was my first time out for a full day of land digging since the beginning of the summer, my webbed feet adjusted just fine from the water. We went back to a site that we hit last year as we did not want to stop by to speak with farmers too early. This is the site I dug the VA1 at last spring and a few other war related items came out. There was a small CS camp in the vicinity and it looked as if they were on this portion of the property as well.

After some time, we finally got into a pocket, first with a flat button, then Bill dug a sweet cut coin, and then I followed with one of my own. I thought "wow off to a good start this year, already some spanish silver in my pouch." Just before we were heading back to the truck I stumbled on a nice little reading. I was using the AT Gold as there was a fair amount of iron in the area, and the squeak came through with the iron. Out popped this nice Richmond style CS tongue. The loop is a bit twisted, but it is all there and I will take it. Searched for the wreath, but not to be found, however I will be returning soon.

We lined up a good possible site for the future, then headed to another site and dug a few more flat buttons and other odds and ends. Will post better pics tomorrow when I have good light to work with.

Still on cloud nine, man what a year 2012 has been!

HH

Dan

Attachments

• SC92912.jpg
    SC92912.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 243
  • SC92912_silver.JPG
    SC92912_silver.JPG
    242.3 KB · Views: 230
  • SC92912_CS.JPG
    SC92912_CS.JPG
    283.3 KB · Views: 226
  • SC92912_both.jpg
    SC92912_both.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 244
Upvote 10

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
That's a great start to the fall season Dan! I was glad I was able to be there when you dug that awesome CS tongue, and to witness your stunned reaction. Now that you've got that one off your most-wanted list it's time to focus on getting that gold coin you were talking about. Maybe its hiding at that new site we lined up. Had a great time as usual, and look forward to the next outing. Congrats again ..... Bill

mo dirt diggin

Sep 3, 2012
Souteast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, 950 Coil, 4x6 eclipse coil, DX-1, Bullseye 2 pinpointer, Pro pointer, Lesche Sampson 31inch.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like you guys had an awesome hunt. Congrats :icon_thumleft::icon_thumleft::icon_thumleft:

matt092079

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2011
Charles Town, WV
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 with 11" DD coil, Garrett Ace 250 with 9x12 coil, Garrett Pro-Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! Love the cut silver and especially the CS tongue!

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Question???.....how long does it take to regain consciousness after you find a CS marked relic. I know my big :censored: would have passed out.:hello2:

OP
OP
HomeGuardDan

HomeGuardDan

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2011
Williamsburg, VA
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Question???.....how long does it take to regain consciousness after you find a CS marked relic. I know my big :censored: would have passed out.:hello2:

Did not pass out, but I will admit, I was stunned and had to look at it multiple times to make sure my eyes were not playing a trick on me while walking over to show Bill.

OP
OP
HomeGuardDan

HomeGuardDan

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2011
Williamsburg, VA
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a great start to the fall season Dan! I was glad I was able to be there when you dug that awesome CS tongue, and to witness your stunned reaction. Now that you've got that one off your most-wanted list it's time to focus on getting that gold coin you were talking about. Maybe its hiding at that new site we lined up. Had a great time as usual, and look forward to the next outing. Congrats again ..... Bill

Thanks Bill, had a blast as always. Looking forward to the new site as well...hopefully your turn is next!

ynpto804

Jan 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Sun-ray X-5 coil and X-1 Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic find. I would guess the wreath wouldn't be around there and that it was discarded because it broke. I hope it's not true but just a guess. In the first pic what is the star looking button? Again great finds.

OP
OP
HomeGuardDan

HomeGuardDan

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2011
Williamsburg, VA
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic find. I would guess the wreath wouldn't be around there and that it was discarded because it broke. I hope it's not true but just a guess. In the first pic what is the star looking button? Again great finds.
Hard to tell if it broke first or if the plow hit it over the years. Hopefully for the wreath is there but probably not. The button is a Benedict & Burnham flower button. It was tacoed but man I saw the star first and immediately thought my day was going to get even better.

silversurfer1111

Jul 14, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
GARRET AT PRO ..Whites Classic SL. . modified 9 Function Metal Detector from Harbor Freight tools
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice stuff. awesome Spanish Silver. i hope i can fined a pace of the silver pie

OP
OP
HomeGuardDan

HomeGuardDan

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2011
Williamsburg, VA
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice stuff. awesome Spanish Silver. i hope i can fined a pace of the silver pie

I love the silver too, I really enjoy the colonial stuff, but I would much rather find the other half of my buckle than the other half of the coin ha. I actually did find a complete one in three pieces once before, strung throughout a site. Love spanish silver!

Thanks all

Ifoundit69

Saving the past one find at a time !
Dec 5, 2007
Lancaster ,VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum Xlt ,Fisher 1270, Fisher F5 ,Fisher F2, , Ctx 3030 ,Nokta Anfibio,Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like ya'll had a awesome hunt , nice score on the cs buckle and the silver !

Ironman!

Mar 25, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
MXT/Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You never cease to amaze us with your finds Dan! Water or land has treated you very well!! Congrats on the CS plate...very nice!!! (& spanish silver of course!)

IM

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CONGRATS - & the silver is the gravy......

OP
OP
HomeGuardDan

HomeGuardDan

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2011
Williamsburg, VA
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You never cease to amaze us with your finds Dan! Water or land has treated you very well!! Congrats on the CS plate...very nice!!! (& spanish silver of course!)

IM

Thanks for the kind words. I am fortunate at times. Lucky to get out and have the chance to dig stuff.

Dan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread