Took advantage of this nice 40/50 degree weather...

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hit a small local park where an old path used to be, spent 3 hours in two different locations.
First stop was the path area, many can slaw, some screw tops, maybe two coins or something don't even remember it was soo few. I dug tons of trash, only one treasure which makes it officially my second silver ring. When I saw the stones I was like ohhh.... Kept on swinging an hour later I decided to head over to a nearby park with swing swing swing tons of bottle cap, screw tops and very little coins... I think today I dug a total of only 1 to 1.50 in clad... Sun was setting and I decided to call it...
image.jpeg
image.jpeg 925 China
image.jpeg DL CZ

Sadly not diamonds! Lol. Well I hope all of you a quick and plentiful start of the 2016 season!

Another thing, my Atpro was only getting 4-5 inches air test on a zinc cent, I saw one on the surface, a fresh drop. So I decided to swing over it and was surprised when Atpro stopped giving signal only at 4-5 inches above it. I was running max den, pro custom iron dis at 30. I thought it was my rechargeable batteries, which was down one block. So I switched to duracells spares and the test was the same... Had me scratching my head...:icon_scratch:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on digging a heart stopper. :occasion14: I'd be elated to pull that out of the dirt.

OP
OP
L

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on digging a heart stopper. :occasion14: I'd be elated to pull that out of the dirt.

yeah, it sure was! when i saw the stones i was like Ohhh, and quickly dropped it into my pouch. I cleaned it with some snow/ice, when i got to the car to head over to the 2nd location. It was then I knew it was not diamonds.....

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's why you don't rely on air tests to determine how for down the machine will find a target. Soil conductivity/mineralization can have a huge effect on depth readings.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Nice Im getting 40 degree days this weekend.Ill be out but there.. News talkin snow mon and tues RRRR One of my friends sees snow and he always says isn't that pretty I start lookin for some chick walking down the street but no hes talkin about the snow WIERD. Great find my turn this weekend.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions