Took my hunting buddy with me today

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was headed to a shallow crossing and my 5 year old begs me to go. I figured oh well he will remember stuff like this so who cares if I don't get to go to deeper water and find anything. We did find some lures and clad but he had a blast and I even let him swing the pro for a bit. Didn't realize it at the time but after looking at picture I prob should of shortened it for him. Anyway didn't find anything special but my 5 year old had a great time with his dad I believe. Thanks for looking.

image-3993560490.jpg

image-2040414743.jpg

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Was headed to a shallow crossing and my 5 year old begs me to go. I figured oh well he will remember stuff like this so who cares if I don't get to go to deeper water and find anything. We did find some lures and clad but he had a blast and I even let him swing the pro for a bit. Didn't realize it at the time but after looking at picture I prob should of shortened it for him. Anyway didn't find anything special but my 5 year old had a great time with his dad I believe. Thanks for looking.

View attachment 1035812

View attachment 1035813

The time has come for some AT apprentaship with that son of yours. You can tell from the expression on his face that he is a natural detectorist. You just might have some serious competition there Kodiak! rofl.gif

Please send me a private email of your address along with his name and I will send him some metal detecting items. (Nothing like a 5 year old getting his own package in the mail.)

mindcrime1988

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus II, DetectorPro Headhunter, BlissTool & Pulsedive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's memories like this which will stay with him forever. I can remember a few instances when I was about 5 like it was yesterday. Hopefully he picks up the detecting bug soon enough.

Just as you mentioned about the detector, I laughed when I see how the setup is taller than he is! Too funny.:laughing9:

OP
OP
Kodiak43351

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea next time I'll shorten it up for him lol it only takes a minute. He wanted me to stand there and let him keep going down stream hunting and I said I'll go with ya he said I can do it. I know I said but I want too lol. I remember doing things with my dad and they were so special for me and I can remember not being able to sleep the nite before he was taking me rabbit hunting or other things. I sent you a pm John he will be so excited and will appreciate it. I think he has the detecting bug for sure and sheppie another guy on this great forum helped out with that also. To me getting out and detecting and being outdoors is a lot better than setting in house playing video games. I have a 14 year old that doesn't live with me that does that. My 14 year old lives in Virginia and I told him he lives in a very historical state and offered to buy him a detector for Christmas but he opted for an xbox instead. I don't think I'm going to have this problem with my 5 year old. Sry for being long winded but this site amazes me with all the great people on it. Thanks guys and I'll post some more pics of my hunting partner soon. Good luck everyone.

Last edited:

kenstein

Sep 28, 2012
N.E. Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 , Pro pointer, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
You couldn't find more precious treasure. Enjoy your time.

OP
OP
Kodiak43351

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone and yes my kids are better than any treasure to be found out there. I'm blessed to have them in my life.

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good times !!

I C THE LITE

Mar 11, 2013
wisconsin
Detector(s) used
minelabs- se pro and excaliber, ace250, tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kodiak, I love the picture. Looks like he was having fun. I take my grandchildren detecting with me and they (and I) love it. They are to young to understand $ but they know their gramps likes it so they get all excited. They really enjoy all the match box cars I find. Keep it up because they grow so fast.

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Ace 250, Garrett 1350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is great, what way to bond with your kids...I used to take mine when they were little..Time flys by...Glad you guys had a good time..

OP
OP
Kodiak43351

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took my hunting buddy and his little sister to the crossing today for some fun. Left the detector at home this time. He wasn't happy at first but they had fun. I've got plans this week in evening to walk down stream to find the old crossing site and maybe find some old relics. He is going to stay over nite with his grandma before kindergarten starts so the pro and I are going relic hunting. I'll be able to wade in the deep spots and hope to get lucky. The kids had fun at the river and my daughter even got in the water. As you can see he is looking for stuff in the river he did find some crawdads. Good times. image-3105102481.jpg

Last edited:

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
2 weeks before you die you will not say... I wish I would have worked more... or I wish I would have watched more TV... You will wish you spent more time with your kids in the creek... with your mom... you get the picture.... :)
Spend the majority of your time doing things that really matter...

OP
OP
Kodiak43351

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys and I agree you will never regret spending time with your family. Wayne they are my best treasures and I hope to be calling you soon maybe before Christmas and buying the gold to go along with my pro. Been submitting my best finds every month to garrett but I sure can't compete so far with what Vaughn has picked. Maybe I'll put my coil over a great find that gets picked but if not it is fun trying. Good luck everyone.

Last edited:

CaballoDeOro

Jun 29, 2012
Southwest MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Helping to raise the next generation of responsible metal detectorists - now that's a worthwhile use of your time! Thanks for sharing.

OP
OP
Kodiak43351

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look what arrived in mail today for my son from John. He already wants me to read books to him. He has been measuring his feet with tape measure. He was so excited to get a package in the mail. Thanks John from Aaron and I. image-2411882001.jpg image-4184746067.jpg image-525967681.jpg

TheCaribbeanDigger

Aug 15, 2013
Puerto Rico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher F75, Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MD with my kid...priceless!

Attachments

• image-1543471054.jpg
    image-1543471054.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 87
OP
OP
Kodiak43351

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MD with my kid...priceless!
nothing better than getting them out and having fun. Memories they will never forget. Great picture.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread