Took one of the boy tandem diving with me and the Excalibur II today.

ScubaDad

Jul 1, 2012
Blaine, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur II 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took one of the boys tandem diving with me and the Excalibur II today.

On a whim (more like I was suffering from diving fever :laughing9: ), I decided to get all my gear loaded, grabbed a boy and headed off with the Excalibur II and hit a lake we've never been to before. As I was itching to get into the water we totally skipped the beach today and headed straight for the water (we can hit the sand another time lol). Immediately I realized the reason for the lakes name "Golden Lake" ... The water was a goldish / rust color and visibility was about a foot! :BangHead:

None-the-less we headed out into about 8-10 feet of water and started searching. I literally had my mask about 4-6 inches from the bottom of the lake in order to see what made that familiar noise in my ears and lo and behold... she gave up her goods!
IMG_0374.png
looks like a cheap $20 belly button ring. Second one from the bottom of a lake in just as many day though that's cool!

We also found a battery, some type of rubber ring and a tiny snail that must have had a lot of iron in it's blood as it nulled out on the Excalibur II lol.

Have a good day guys and Happy Hunting!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DaleGM

Aug 21, 2009
Sacramento Cailifonia
Detector(s) used
V3i DFX MXT Excal II D2 6x10 950 4x6 & dx-1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I learn something every day, last year I found some jewelry just like yours but did not know what it was, I did not know there were belly rings out there :icon_scratch: cool find and thanks for the id

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions