Took The ACE 400 Out For A Quick Spin....Got A Ring

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
ace 4001.jpg

Headed out before supper for a quick hunt near home. Thought I would take the ACE 400i out for a spin. Real windy too! The new Garrett MS 2 headphones do an excellent job on remaining quiet in windy conditions, much better then the previous Garrett Master Sound headphones. Below are the better finds.

ace4005.jpg

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did the same but my unit would not even creep a little bit, having fixed ground balance, and having to run with minimum sensitivity the finds had to be on top of the soil.

Andy Nunez

Nov 19, 2015
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540 or Garrett Ace 400 with a Cors Cannon coil and Z-lynk, Predator Piranha shovel, White's TRX pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know, I was OK with fixed GB until the other day I was hunting with a friend who had a Pro and he killed me. We both had big coils and none of the targets were deeper than six inches and I am thinking the manual GB was the only thing that could have made a difference. I've invested too much into my 400 now with a Cors Cannon coil and Z-lynk, but if the bottom drops out of the used Pro market with the Max coming along, I might try for one. 90% of the time around here, the soil is so mild I can go head to head with the Pro, but that churchyard (which was full of iron nails), got me thinking I need a manual GB. Still, I love my 400 and got my first capped bust dime with it and 3 seated dimes (2 since January 1).

Twinkletoes

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
White’s TDI Beach Hunter PI / Minelab Excalibur 1000 / White's MX Sport / White’s XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt! Great Finds! You gotta love those rings! Glad to hear the new MS2 headphones work well for you. Tt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions