took the advice

slowreaper

Feb 11, 2007
Turners Falls MA
I bought my first detector in 1975 it was a white, since that time I have owned several detectors all white with the exception of one bounty hunter. (Which I didn't really care for) Due to a move across the country last year, I got rid of a lot of my stuff, including my detector.
A month or so ago I was going to visit Tony and pick up a new white. However something came up causing me to spend my detector money. But, not wishing to face the upcoming season with out a machine, I took the advice of so many here and bought an Ace 250. (Sorry Tony, you will still see me for the white but it may be a couple months) from Kellyco. It arrived the other day and doesn't look like a bad machine.

The reason for this post is I may have never concidered the Ace without all the good praise I have heard on here and probably ended up having a misserable season with little or nothing as I saved for the new white. I am not exspecting miracles from the Ace knowing it is a beginner machine, but from what I can tell and heard I believe I will have an enjoyable season with it.

So, thanks to all you folk who post here, it has been a great help in saving my up coming.

Brad

T

TreasureTales

Brad, wishing you a successful treasure hunting season with your new Ace 250. Any detector is only as good as its user, so with your experience I imagine you'll have no problems finding stuff worth posting here in TNet. Good luck!

W6PEA

Mar 7, 2007
San Diego, Mexifornia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Gt, Minelab SD2200v2, Minelab ExlporerSE Pro 2
TreasureTales said:
Brad, wishing you a successful treasure hunting season with your new Ace 250. Any detector is only as good as its user, so with your experience I imagine you'll have no problems finding stuff worth posting here in TNet. Good luck!

I second that motion....welcome aboard....

OP
OP
S

slowreaper

Feb 11, 2007
Turners Falls MA
TreasureTales said:
Any detector is only as good as its user, so with your experience I imagine you'll have no problems finding stuff worth posting here in TNet. Good luck!

Well thank you, But..... just cause I have had a few for a while and like to play in the dirt doesn't mean I know what I am doing... :-\ But it is still fun and hope to prove you right ;D

Brad

Stacylee926

Dec 29, 2006
Portsmouth, VA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Discovery 1100
I personally don't think of my ACE as a beginner machine. There is Whites machine that costs more and does less! My BH was a beginner machine.

I love my ACE - has gone to at least 8" and tells me all kinds of stuff about what is in the ground. My clad count has tripled since I got it. For some reason Garrett just gives a HUGE bang for a buck.

OP
OP
S

slowreaper

Feb 11, 2007
Turners Falls MA
Hi,

I only refered to it as a beginner machine because that is what so many on here have, I have not as yet used it so really don't know. It is my first ever garrett.

And has been stated time and again, it is the user not the machine that makes the big difference. So I have little doubt I will stumble around like some demented clown while I do learn what it can and will do.
Either way, the ground here sure is close to ready, so happy hunting to everyone, including me ;D
Brad

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread