Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Tenderfoot

Mar 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had one for 3 years. Finally figuring out how it works. Good luck. Find a treasure.

Vikingblood

Sep 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want one two. I can get an Excal I for like 500. It was just sent in to replace a pot. But it has the small coil. Guess I will just save up for the Excal ll. do the Excals have to be ground balanced. I still don't understand if the Excals are PI machines or not. It uses bbs but is that a flavor of PI technology or a flavor of vlf technology or is it it,s own thing.

Good luck with yours. Keep us posted on how you do.

Most of the good stuff is in the water.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratulations on your new Excal TF! A great water and sand machine as you probably already know! Have fun today and let us know how it goes!

Last edited:

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want one two. I can get an Excal I for like 500. It was just sent in to replace a pot. But it has the small coil. Guess I will just save up for the Excal ll. do the Excals have to be ground balanced. I still don't understand if the Excals are PI machines or not. It uses bbs but is that a flavor of PI technology or a flavor of vlf technology or is it it,s own thing. Good luck with yours. Keep us posted on how you do. Most of the good stuff is in the water.
I have both and like the old blue machines better. The 8" coil is easier to use in water anyway. $500 may be a good deal if it's in decent shape. Excaliburs use multiple frequency technology which enables them to run stable in saltwater. The best part over a PI, in my experience, is the ability to ignore iron and multiple tones to give you am idea of what the target under the coil may be.

Last edited:

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the new Excalibur tresurefiend!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread