raylinhn

Feb 19, 2013
N GA Mountains
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Homestead-e.jpg Homestead-f.jpg Homestead-d.jpg

THESE FINDS INCLUIDE MOONSHINE SITES AND HOMESTEAD SITES. AFTER TWO YEARS OF DIGGING I HAVE HAULED ALMOST 3,000 LBS OF SCRAP METAL OUT OF THESE MOUNTAINS TO THE RECYCLE PLANT SO IT CAN BE GIVEN A SECOND LIFE

Upvote 0

PeteWmass

Nov 26, 2012
South Hadley
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I could sell the stuff under the tree faster than the stuff on the table....

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Great work...recycling and making a buck while cleaning up the countryside. 100% win all round! 8-)

Gotta ask...is that #3 Double-Longspring trap a Oneida-Newhouse or a newer Victor? I can't
see the pan, but if it's a Newhouse it's worth a nice penny. (either way, I wouldn't let it sit out and
continue rusting further. With collectable traps, condition counts!)

If a Newhouse, check out: Oneida s Newhouse 3 Double Long Spring Trap Origional Chain Ring | eBay

NEWHOUSE #3 Double Long Spring| eBay

FWIW, if you find a set trap during the legal trapping season in your state, it's generally best to leave them
be (believe it or not, it's a Federal crime to harass legally set trapping equipment). If after the season, PLEASE
remove them but snap 'em with a long stick first (just press on the pan). If no tag, she's yours, but if there's
a legal tag I would contact the Game Dep't and let them deal with the illegal trapper. You might end up giving up
the trap, but you would be doing the critters a big favor by getting a stinkin' poacher out of the woods.

I'm really hoping that's a Newhouse, if so, it's worth a lot more than scrap! ...:occasion14:

Last edited:

John Boy

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2012
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 LTD CAMOUFLAGE,CZ3D 1021,1220X AND GARRETT PRO POINTER.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That looks like one of my spots I've got a tree that I pile all mine up against to.I need to start hauling it of to.cool

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread