tool1.JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 1,146

kenb

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2004
Long Island New York
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
I've got a similiar pot that works well, alltho I used a mini 14 to make the holes. .223 caliber holes are a little smaller then yours but it works.

Mighty_Mouse

Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites QXT Pro, HeadHunter Pirate
Here's my home made scoop...

I made 2 of them just incase something goes wrong with one. This cost me about 10 bucks and everything is at your local wal-mart. The handle is a nice rubber handled scrub brush(the kind used on cars. The handle is alot bigger then on other brushes. But look around) The body is nothing more then a storage container of sorts. I just drilled some holes in it and were good to go. Haven't had any problems yet. So far so good.

Attachments

• sandscoop.jpg
    sandscoop.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 964
  • sandscoop.jpg
    sandscoop.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 951

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was amazed to see a digging tool advertised for near $60.00 when you can go to Wal-mart and buy a garden trowel, sharpen the edges and have just as good a tool for a buck ninetyeight! JIM

S

SASQUASH

Dint your mama ever tell you not to use metal on those pans now look what you did HA HA. SASQUASH<><

OP
OP
buckmild1

buckmild1

Oct 26, 2004
Trinity, Florida
I did feel a little funny drilling holes in a brand new perfectly good cooking pot there Squash. $2.99 set my mind at ease though. HH.

CHRIS

49er

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2005
Sun City, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites..MXT..GMT
Thanks for sharing your tips on home made detecting tools. Instead of drillin my wifes stuff, I'll go buy some at Wally-Mart and save a lot of dirty looks on what happened to my containers.

B

Back2theFuture_13

Hey Buckmild1, Somebody told Me that You made you'r Own Pinpointer if You did than Please Explain I know how to Solder I want to build one with about a 6 inch probe if You know Please tell Me . Thanks.

Jul 25, 2004
jimmileo said:
I was amazed to see a digging tool advertised for near $60.00 when you can go to Wal-mart and buy a garden trowel, sharpen the edges and have just as good a tool for a buck ninetyeight! JIM

That works okay if you have fairly soft ground and only need to dig 3 to 4 inches deep. I think I paid about $36 for my Lesche digger and it'll not only work faster and easier than a trowel, it'll make short work of roots over 1/2" in diameter as long as I keep it fairly sharp. The type of hard ground that I had to give up on with the trowel I bought at Lowes (across the street from the hobby shop where I bought my first detector) is no sweat at all with the Lesche. You get what you pay for.

Shalom,
Mark

miester

May 21, 2005
Wi
After planting 3000 pines and hundreds of plants I discovered that there is no hand spade that holds up, they make them as cheap as they can get away with. I can drive my truck over the one I made. I going to get(make) a tree spud it should cut down on the squatting.I also use a tulip drill in soft ground.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread