*Tools Of The Trade*

zippi

Mar 28, 2018
Evansville, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Being new to detecting I bought the Land Ranger Pro. While checking it out in the back yard finding a dime and a quarter here and there I went through both of my wifes garden tools for digging. And when I say went through I mean I broke them. I thought it was time to get my own so I looked locally first. Didn't find what suited me so I bought one of the Garretts online. Looks like you could gut a hog with this one :laughing7:

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    19.5 KB · Views: 39

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ORX, Etrac, F75, Simplex, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, you quickly find out it is worth the money for a good shovel. Haven't had to borrow my wife's since. I did lose a nice Lesch though. So now I double check all my gear before I leave a site. hh

Junk Monkey

Greenie
Dec 10, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Detector(s) used
Whites V3I, Whites DFX and Fisher F75.
There are several versions of this digger, all tough as nails. The one feature missing on most is a hole in the handle for attaching a hook to hang the thing on your belt. The Whites version does have a hole. I tried to drill a hole thru my Lesche digger, but that sucker is tempered steel and just killed a couple of drill bits.

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ORX, Etrac, F75, Simplex, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are several versions of this digger, all tough as nails. The one feature missing on most is a hole in the handle for attaching a hook to hang the thing on your belt. The Whites version does have a hole. I tried to drill a hole thru my Lesche digger, but that sucker is tempered steel and just killed a couple of drill bits.

I use a belt clip hammer holder easy to retrieve because I tore up the sheath after a few uses and I have never had it fall out.

OP
OP
zippi

zippi

Mar 28, 2018
Evansville, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the input guys. I received my Garrett Edge Digger today. I gotta say I'm very impressed with the quality. No way of breaking or bending this tool like I did the wife's garden tools. The blade is made out of 1/8" thick steel. Glad I got it today. I'm going away from the backyard on my first hunt tomorrow.

Attachments

• 20190322_152513.jpg
    20190322_152513.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 37
  • 20190322_152458.jpg
    20190322_152458.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 42
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very good digger...:icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread