TOOLS! What the hell did I just buy?

2ndisbest

Nov 6, 2009
I have no clue about tools. And I figured they were heavy enough for scrap to take a risk. Also I need to expand my repertoire so I decided to take the plunge on a flat out shot in the dark.

PPPP38.jpg

PPPP37.jpg

PPPP36.jpg

PPPP35.jpg

PPPP34.jpg

The two large tools are made by Beaver. Two of the square things are made by crafstman and the last is made by Reed MFG Erie PA. And the last tool is made by Miller Falls Co Greenfield Mass.

I paid $6 for everything so I am not worried about losing money, I just need a crash course in tools.

And a quick tip, I just bought my first LP album. Chuck Mangione Fun and Games, the only reason I bought it was because it was still sealed. Paid .50 cents and got home to find out even sealed it is worthless...... :tongue3: Unlike crappy still sealed nintendo games!

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I always buy sealed LPs when I find them cheap. I would never take a gamble on a sealed record for more than $1 but I have done well with them in the past.

OP
OP

2ndisbest

Nov 6, 2009
Thanks for the info, not sure if I will be able to sell any of this stuff on feebay though. If I can't, the scrap box will take it.

Jeep

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2008
32°46′58″N 96°48′14″W
Detector(s) used
My other detector is a helicopter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Find a pipefitter or plumber, he would be glad to give ya a few bucks for them.

Those tools are not cheap new, I got mine from a pawnshop.

Good score :icon_thumright:

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I have been buying an selling tools for a bit. I actually learned the hard way that the vintage tools are tough to move. The stuff that is easy to sell are Craftsman, Snap On, Mac, and Matco. The vintage stuff SEEMS like it would be worth something but there is a very small market for that stuff. I used to routinely pick up anything heavy and wood handled but now I dont even bother. If anyone wanted to buy a large tote full of stuff like that I would let it go cheap just to get rid of it.

Kieth-Tx

Jun 5, 2006
Victoria & Corpus Christi Texas
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tejon, 1270, Stingray II & CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another group that will buy them...electricians. That small of thread dies is probably where they came from. I pipefitted for years.....and don't miss those one bit! Nice score though!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread