Tools

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
well for the beach you will need a sand scoop. If you are as old as I am you will get one with a long handle. For the dirt I use a gator digger however many like the Leachie digger. I used to use a K-Bar but they get kind of touchy here in the school yards you can still get into. I still use it in the fields & woods. 02

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use a 12 inch sawtooth gator digger and a small hand trowel when I work the parks and playgrounds, have a copper probe and long screwdriver if I have to dig in the ground, but most of mine is in the mulch of playgrounds or the sand in the volleyball courts.

At the beach I have a 5 ft beach brute scoop I use, two head lamps (1 is for backup) for light at night, a divers knife I carry for "land sharks", and I always use the chest harness with bungie to help support my coil and shaft. I wear a farmer john wetsuit to stay warm as I do work the water.

The harness allows me to let go of my detector in the water or on land and yet it stays at my side, and it is a major help in reducing the arm and elbow strain. I lost my first one when I left it at a beach shower after cleaning up, the next time I hunted I thought "it couldn't make that much difference" and hunted with out. WRONG, it makes a major difference.

I also have a really good large hard golf case that was new I found at a flea market that I keep my Excal in and all the accessories that goes with it. Guy wanted $25, I got him down to $15 and showed it to my neighbor. He has the exact same case and he paid $175 for his new I can sit on mine and there is no give at all, works great for storing it and for loading up to go. I just grab the case and head out the door.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread