Tooth? Bone? or Shell piece?

MAINE HILLS HUNTER

Mar 24, 2006
Oxford Hills of Maine
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out detecting yesterday on the beach of a local lake and pulled up a bunch of stuff, mostly junk but in one of my holes there was this tooth shaped thing. I originally thought it was the inside of a shell, but that is unlikely because we are in Iowa (used to live in CT). My wife thinks it is a tooth and my 6yr old boy says it is a bone shard. I agree with my wife. Anybody have any ideas. I posted the best picture I could. If I need to I can try to post a better pic. If it is a tooth anybody have any idea as to what of?

Eric

Attachments

• finds1.jpg
    finds1.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 185
  • tooth.jpg
    tooth.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 160
Upvote 0

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Glad you got out IH! It looks like you can see the inside of the bone along the side of the tooth, meaning it's not a tooth, or it's a broken tooth. Hard to tell from the pic, but I would go with bone shard.

HH!
TBGO

R

Royal84

i would definitely say it's a fish bone as well.......aside from MDing i'm an avid fisherman as well and have come across stuff like this many of times.....cool finds

OP
OP
MAINE HILLS HUNTER

MAINE HILLS HUNTER

Mar 24, 2006
Oxford Hills of Maine
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fish bone? Never would have thunk it! Wanted it to be a tooth...thought that would have been cool. Oh well... at least I got out twice this weekend :) :) :)!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread