Tootsie Toy

Texas Kid

Jun 4, 2013
Texas
Detector(s) used
gazrret & bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
HAHAHAHA!Passed by an old farmstead in Texas and My Ol' Bounty Hunter tagged this little jewel!:icon_thumright: Printing on bottom says it's a Tootsie Toy! Made in the Good OL' USA!! Wow! That is something new! I'm pretty sure that it is a 1949 Oldsmobile 88 Convertible! I looks to have been painted a egg yoke yellow and was really in pretty good shape with one broken axle and a few other dings. Hope you enjoy! I enjoyed the dig!! Tnet1 005.JPG Tnet1 007.JPG Tnet1 008.JPG Tnet1 006.JPG

Upvote 2

cowboy7450

Jun 17, 2014
Katy, Texas
Detector(s) used
Tek. Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Texas Kid
Thats pretty cool Im new to metal Detecting but am lovivng it. I was the west Texas last weekend in Indian Gap Texas. Digger around the church and pulled out a Die Cast to plane looks like a P51 Mustang.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice find! Tootsie toys are awesome. I only have one, it's the Wedge Dragster. Smittyman (of TNet fame) has a whole bunch of them, probably a dozen. I saa him dig one two weeks ago... I was jealous. I can hardly wait until the next one pops up for me. GL&HH!

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm still looking for my first Tootsie car. All I ever seem to find are the newer matchbox or hot wheels cars. Not complaining as I love them all. But would like to find a Tootsie one day. Yours is in really nice condition.

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2006
In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern Californi
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice Find! The older the Tootsie Toy the better! The one you found is from the 1950's. They are a little larger than the ones made from the 1960's to the present. Love finding those old cars!

I have encluded some pics of one that was not dug....

Attachments

• tootsie toy2.jpg
    tootsie toy2.jpg
    864 bytes · Views: 108
  • tootsie toy1.jpg
    tootsie toy1.jpg
    867 bytes · Views: 94
  • tootsie toy 3.jpg
    tootsie toy 3.jpg
    960 bytes · Views: 98
OP
OP
Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Jun 4, 2013
Texas
Detector(s) used
gazrret & bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm still looking for my first Tootsie car. All I ever seem to find are the newer matchbox or hot wheels cars. Not complaining as I love them all. But would like to find a Tootsie one day. Yours is in really nice condition.
You know I was really surprised as it was a good 8" deep. I live in West Texas so the humidity only gets high on occasions. Along with low humidity and sandy loam soil it stayed in pretty good shape over the years. Thanks for looking and good luck on finding that first tootsie!! Whew! Did I just say that!?! LOL!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread