Top Video games to keep an eye out for

jason4kstate

Jun 23, 2007
I'm personally hoarding a lot of NES and Atari games. They seem to have a really healthy return. Also keep your eye out for any RPG games..especially PS1/PS2 games. I have made hundreds of dollars on selling them in the past.

Fushek

Aug 21, 2013
North East Ohio
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm personally hoarding a lot of NES and Atari games. They seem to have a really healthy return. Also keep your eye out for any RPG games..especially PS1/PS2 games. I have made hundreds of dollars on selling them in the past.

NES games are almost always a good bet, ESPECIALLY if they are complete in their original box.
Atari games aren't as hot as most think as there were so many produces, so unless you're getting a good bulk deal or finding a few of the rarer titles, they can be hit or miss.

Some general rules concerning video games:

BOXES BOXES BOXES. If the games come with the original boxes, this will at least double their value. Sealed boxes are bonus.
RPG (Role Playing Games) and most Sci-Fi games are hot and it's hard to go wrong here.
AVOID sports titles. Unless you're really lucky and find a rare title, these DO NOT SELL well.
Bulk. It's better to buy games in bulk. You'll get a better price and enhance your odds of picking up a rare or two.

Don't ignore computer games, especially again in boxes. The older, the better. CD Rom games are hit and miss where most floppy disk games are getting harder to find. Computer games to keep an eye out for are Commodore, Amiga, Apple II and even some IBM/PC games have value. In my spare time (that's a joke, BTW), I should start a thread about this ...

For instance, here's a recent Commodore 64 sealed game I sold (bought for $1 at a resale shop): Carriers Force by SSI SEALED Big Box Commodore 64 | eBay

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
playstation 2 --balders gate / dark alliance.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AVOID sports titles.
I 2nd that vote on sports games. Bought a bunch at 50¢ each. (like NFL '09 or whatever) figuered I would do good on half.com NOPE, any of that type have 50 already listed and starting at 75¢

Also bought a lot of SIMs games. some do good some just sit.

by the way I really like half.com for selling books and games. It takes just seconds to list. even tho it is owned by ebay it is run completly different.

you list for free and it stays up forever till it sells. only thing I don't like, is half tells you what they will pay you to ship the item and that barely pays the postage. This is what they charge the buyer and then they take a commission from the shipping charge, so I lose a little on shipping on most items.

mammoth29

Feb 22, 2013
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the link! I could add quite a few games to the thread as I have had a ton of experience with buying/selling games in the last year.

We had a local store go out of business this last year that had well over 100 NES and SNES games and 90% of them were still factory sealed! Talk about the find of my lifetime! I bought and sold mostly the NES while my brother focused on the SNES. My biggest seller was the complete NES collection of Mega-Man, which if you can find any of those scoop them up, and Chip-n-Dale Rescue Rangers 2 which sold for quite a bit. My brothers biggest hits were Batman and a couple of the Mega Mans. All in all we netted around $7500 between the two of us.

I wholeheartedly agree with the above post---- stay away from 99% of the sports titles!

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, forgot. if any thing says tiger woods keep 10 feet away. This month I fineally sold a Tiger PGA tour in a real nice wooden box for $5.00 the box alone was worth that. I know i had it listed for at least 6 months.

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
I once found a box of Atari 400/800 cassette programs for $1 at a ts. Sold the box for $50 plus shipping to the UK. One was rare

mammoth29

Feb 22, 2013
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One more thing- if you're going to sell on Ebay DO NOT, and I mean do not restrict Canadians from bidding if at all possible! There must be a big boom of game collectors up there right now because out of my 73 auctions, 55 of them went to Canada!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread