tore out parking lot finds

treasureguy

Jul 24, 2007
central wa st
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250
Hello, i have been on treasurnet a Long time , use to post every day, have not hunted but a few times this year,,,, i learned most of what i know from my fellow tnet hunters and hours of hunting of course ,,, and great advice was to hunt places downtown where they tear out sidewalks or parking lots---- well i seen a place downtown where they tore out a parking lot to build a new jail, it just looked like fresh gravel and dirt mixed in so was not super excited but thought there was a chance, i went the first night and halfway through the parking lot as i was about to give up and it was aallready dark about a half hour into hunt i got a signal and dug up a indian head penny my 2nd one i have ever found, i was so excited i ran down the block a few houses away and showed my sons and girlfriend, i went back found 2 wheaties and a few lincolns, next day as it cooled down i went back and halfway again coming from other side of parking lot i dug up my oldest coin to date a 1895 in pretty good shape indian head penny, also found a 1943 war nickel my first of those detecting--------next day 3, my girlfriend invited me to detect out by the barns where her horse is while shed rides, i found the rest you seen in the photos there of modern change it was all over the place along a little driveway leading to the barn, people probaly kicked it out while heading to feed the horses etc... also found a few horseshoes---------so what i really wanted to say is if you have a oppurtunity to detect where there excavating there is a really good chance to find some old coins dug up out of the ground there, and should be well worth your time, of course like all places try not to trespass and gain permission :) long time since i posted but it sure is nice to be back on, you all find such neat things

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    169 KB · Views: 632
Upvote 0

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool.

I paseed up on SO many torn up streets, sidewalks and highways this year.

Next year will be quite different.

Nice finds :thumbsup:

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i - Ace 250 (backup) - Garrett Pro Pointer - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WIT said:
Very cool.

bad thing about that... is that you most likely never get to hunt those spots again... I missed out on 2 old spots and it eats me up every time I see them!

Chukers

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
chukers said:
WIT said:
Very cool.

bad thing about that... is that you most likely never get to hunt those spots again... I missed out on 2 old spots and it eats me up every time I see them!

Chukers

I know, I know....

I'm embarrassed to say that one of the spots was in Northfiield, MN about 2 blocks from where the Jesse James - Cole Younger gang raided a bank but were driven off in 1876. An entire half block was torn up and blocked off but it was very hot out, I already hunted for 2 hrs that morning and we were there for different reasons. I think about it often but but I don't beat myself up over it. I DO still think about it though

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread