Tornado hits house in Kansas

Rob in KS

Aug 21, 2006
Middle of Kansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was a modern house so it just exploded. No body was home so no injuries. Her son had left 20 minutes before it hit. Family went out to help recover stuff. Since it was my wife's cousin, I heard all about it. Today I heard that somebody was out there with a detector and was finding some of her stuff 2 to 3 inches in the ground. I thought it was interesting that things were shoved 2 to 3" into the ground. It was "only" an EF-3 tornado.

NWS: At least 7 tornadoes touched down in SC and NC KS on Thursday

Upvote 0

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only an F-3? During Hurricane Andrew a tornado passed by, overhead, at night. One of the scariest moments of my life. Good thing nobody got hurt. Couple years ago I was returned from using my small boat on the bay. I saw a thunderhead in the distance and decided to retreat. Four miles from the bay there is a small storm in front of me, so I slow down. About 100 yards in front of me a little 50' wide F0 , it crosses the road in front of me and merrily skips out into the Chesapeake bay. it's like, get real already.

OldWest

Aug 23, 2014
Kansas
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Discovery 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
October tornadoes wheee. After 50+ years of living in Kansas I am not surprised. A few years in Germany without any supercell t-storms left me bored. :icon_scratch: The only place I have seen bigger storms is in Texas. Hey Rob in KS, are you near Great Bend? There's places I'd like to detect out past there. I'm near Wichita.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions