Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Toronto mayor Rob Ford 'more popular than Barack Obama'

Crack smoking Toronto mayor Rob Ford 'more popular than Barack Obama'

Crack-smoking antics of Rob Ford do not appear to have put off his supporters, poll shows

By Reuters

7:55PM GMT 22 Nov 2013

Rob Ford, the crack-smoking mayor of Toronto, has a higher approval rating than Barack Obama, according to a survey.

A Forum Research survey of 1,049 Toronto voters found that 42 per cent approved of the job Mr Ford has been doing as mayor of Canada's largest city.

Although it is a two point drop from two weeks ago, it is up from the 39 per cent approval rating he had before he admitted smoking crack cocaine.

By comparison, earlier this week Mr Obama's popularity slumped to an all-time low, with only 37 per cent of Americans approving of the job he is doing.

The result suggests that Mr Ford could still be competitive in next year's municipal election, although only 33 per cent of those polled said they would vote for him in 2014.
Related Articles

Mr Ford swept to power in 2010 with a pledge to cut costs at city hall, winning 47 per cent of the vote, as two left-leaning candidates split the rest.

"What we can see from this is that, to his core supporters ... who comprise about one third of the voters in Toronto, Rob Ford is a viable candidate for mayor," Forum President Lorne Bozinoff said in a statement. "Nothing more he can do will surprise them or put them off."

Mr Ford's admission that he smoked crack "in one of my drunken stupors" followed police revelations that they have been investigating the mayor as part of a drug investigation.

Mr Ford has also admitted he bought illegal drugs and has driven after drinking.

While Mr Ford's core supporters remain loyal, the poll showed a strong majority of Torontonians believe he is not fit for office.

Six in 10 said he should resign, and the same number said they approve of recent measures to shift much of his authority to Deputy Mayor Norm Kelly.

Edited by Chris Irvine

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm thinking that there are dead people and axe murderers that are more popular than Obozo...

cmaracing

Mar 30, 2012
New Bedford, Mass
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Garrett PP.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CRACK HEAD LOL

This just shows the society we live in, when we celebrate and lift on a pedestal crack heads and exhibitionists, than people good or bad based on opinion, that have tried to contribute to society, most on this website like others can name most of the kardashian than the 2 Nobel prize winners in physics most know the agreement that Will Smith has with his wife than how we rank in education worldwide...
Let me tell you all I have experimented with some stuff when I was young but as you grow up and get a real job and then family obligations we tend to grow up, I'm not a kool-aid drinker and or a Fox zombie, but I can tell you all that I will defend this country from any threat and also defend a president, I don't care if it was a young coked up Bush or Obama they did what they did when they were young as adults the have stepped forward to contribute and serve and only in the eyes of a beholder can each individual say if its right or wrong, do I consider myself a reasonable person "yes" would I ever want to be in politics "hell no" no mater what you do, good or bad, there will always be those who will not be happy with your contribution... I WOULD RATHER BE HATED FOR ATTEMPTING TO CONTRIBUTE THAN LOVED FOR BEING A HAPPY CRACK HEAD.....
P.S. @austin yes there are dead people that are more popular "George Washington""Gandhi""Mother Teresa" but ax-murderers I doubt it, but you have your roll-models and I have mine..

Last edited:

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
has anyone checked the popularity ratings of the republican House of Representatives lately? I saw one poll where it was 1/1245 above what a dog leaves on the lawn. Teaparty members of the same congress were even lower due to their support to kill government and turn the country into a theocracy.

and since this is allowed other places, You Look It Up.8-)

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too bad so many of these politicians are a joke - Would be nice to see some integrity and morals again. Though I am very afraid we are too far gone...................

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
has anyone checked the popularity ratings of the republican House of Representatives lately? I saw one poll where it was 1/1245 above what a dog leaves on the lawn. Teaparty members of the same congress were even lower due to their support to kill government and turn the country into a theocracy.
and since this is allowed other places, You Look It Up.8-)

Dave, drag me out by a chain hitched to a truck bumper! But I have to agree with you here!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread