Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A friend of mines kid lost his eye glasses at the ball field at school and he asked if I could look for them with my detector. The field is a combo baseball and soccer field so it covers a big area. It was covered in a few inches of snow and I said I would try....Well no sooner did I start swinging and I started getting good signals....and alot of quarter and half dollar signals...but of course the ground was frozen so I couldn;t dig and this just about killed me. Got dozens of signals like this...was probably all clad,(the Army had tents and barracks on the field during WWII, so might not be clad....but don;t wanna think about it) but not knowing for sure drove me nuts...spent about 4 hours looking and every signal that I couldn;t dig drove me crazier. To make matters worse...I never did find the glasses...:(

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
sounds like a spot that just made it to the top of the list for spring time! ;)

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's what you get for living in Maine! ;) :D ......though I think the ground must be frozen in NW PA, too!

Sorry you didn't find the glasses. I know that's frustrating. :-\

A nice site like that that could keep you busy for a year, though. :)

Dick from IA

Nov 21, 2005
Fort Dodge Iowa & Aransas Pass Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Know how ya feel, Mainedigger :-\

Spent an hour yesterday trying to carve out coins in frozen ground; Finally gave up and moved to a playground with woodchips; not my favorite place to hunt, but at leat when I got a signal I could find the coin.

DFIU

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Talk about frustration, maybe an attempt with a thermos of hot water? Although my luck, it would be grommets and tent stakes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread