tot lot gives up an IKE!

jonjon32405

Apr 20, 2009
panama city, florida
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250
I detected a tot lot today near my house and to my surprise out popped this 1971 Ike dollar. Also, I scored about 95 cents clad. It read 50/$1 on my ace 250, so I figured it was trash of some sort. I know its not very rare or anything, but I am still pretty stoked about it! Also, last night my wife and I went out to the beach to give it a shot. We were very disappointed, not at the lack of coins (which was expected), but at the overwhelming amount of beer cans that were buried just inches beneath the beautiful sugar white sand. I really can't understand how people can come here on vacation to enjoy the scenery and then treat it like a huge trash can!!! Now mind you, there are garbage cans provided about every 50 feet or so. This really disgusts me. With all of the problems we are having on our coasts and people can still be so inconsiderate. We found at least 75-100 beer cans. And to think next weekend, we will host the President and First Family on their mini vacation. I sure hope people around here can get their act together someday. Sorry to rant, but if was in your backyard anyone would feel the same. Thanks for looking and happy hunting to everyone... Jon

Attachments

• 000_0620.jpg
    000_0620.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 358
  • 000_0622.jpg
    000_0622.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 365
Upvote 0

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gotta love those little tlot suprises :icon_thumleft: wtg

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
The fact that you found that boat anchor Ike dollar in a tot lot, is just incredible! I consider them more rare than a Morgan or Peace dollar, as I've found both. No Ikes for me yet. Congrats! ffd

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
colorado14ers said:
nice coin!!!!!! The same problem is on our beaches too :angry9:

I Know it makes me sick..i went back home a couple months ago and the same thing..it was almost a case of empty cans buried in a 5 foot radius..

But back to the Ike...Wow..thats crazy to be overlooked for so long..its like losing a fresbie

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT
Nice that would put a smile on my face :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread