Tot lot golden ticket w/ice

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to a couple parks and hit the tot lots after dropping sister-in-law off at the bus for her trip back home after a weeks visit, found quite a bit of clad and two jewelry items and other odds and ends, I tossed all the junk. I save the tabs for a local Childrens hospital and the washers end up in my coffee can full of nuts& bolts.I put the ring on my ring models hand and she can't get it off so I guess it's hers,:BangHead: that happens a lot.:laughing7:10K w/stones haven't checked yet if real, 100_6093.JPG pretty sure they are diamonds.And it was the second to last target almost an, on the way back to the car ring . 100_6094.JPG 100_6097.JPG 100_6096.JPG 100_6095.JPG 100_6069.JPG My ring model(wife) goes wandering taking pictures, these guys said take ours. 100_6065.JPG even had one photo bomb it's buddy:laughing7:

Last edited:
Upvote 36
OP
OP
Back-of-the-boat

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I count the smashed pennies as tokens, does everyone else?

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great Finds Red Says Yoink When I Find A Ring I Never see them Again LOL

The Urban Prospector

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Wherever I am.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado,
Garrett AT Pro,
Minelab Excal II,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Nokta Legend,
Garrett Pro Pointer,
Garrett Pro Pointer AT,
Human eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice find! I have yet to pull something of that caliber out of a tot lot, but I will tell ya...that beautiful gold ring encourages me to keep trying!

That last picture is hilarious!! It's even as if the other duck is laughing about it too.

btjbtj

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2016
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro with NEL Big Coil DD. Garrett Pro-Pointer Plus.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pretty ring...and LOVE the duck photo bomb! Thanks for sharing and congrats. -Lisa & John

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
I have found 3 gold rings that look exactly like that.
These are a popular style of wedding rings.
All three of mine had 3 diamonds also, all tested real and yours will too.
CongratZ!

OP
OP
Back-of-the-boat

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find! I have yet to pull something of that caliber out of a tot lot, but I will tell ya...that beautiful gold ring encourages me to keep trying!

That last picture is hilarious!! It's even as if the other duck is laughing about it too.

Yeah I love that picture my wife didn't know it happened until we looked at them on the computer.The ring was super close to a rock climbing wall with rebar in it, it was between the iron signals and a lot of the clad was up tight to pipes and such. In Tot lots I use my sniper coil to get up close for what the bigger coils miss.

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt and post. Congratulations on the gold ring. I would imagine they would be diamonds. Quack quack..affflllaaaccckkkkk

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet rings my Daughters have the same problem good job... Thanks for sharing your finds!!!!!!!!!

Aug 5, 2015
Detector(s) used
Entry level POS that I found in the thickets along a river.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a great find. Gold is choice, and it looks like you made somebody with a hand a very happy person with it.

OP
OP
Back-of-the-boat

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Roeding has always treated me well. Looks like she did you good too!

The zoo puts so many people through there it always replenishes quickly. I know a lot of people pound that park but it always gives up the goodies.And you can still find oldies if you put in the time I have friends that pull silver out of there often.

sjvalleyhunter

Silver Member
May 5, 2014
Central California
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac and Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The zoo puts so many people through there it always replenishes quickly. I know a lot of people pound that park but it always gives up the goodies.And you can still find oldies if you put in the time I have friends that pull silver out of there often.

It is getting a bit more difficult these days, but you are absolutely correct. I found a merc and buffalo nickel out there just a couple of weeks ago. My jewelry finds are minimal though...congrats on that ring!

pl8man

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
San Jose , California
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT PRO with Sunray probe, M6 with a Super 12 coil & a Whites Quantum II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet finds!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a sweet gold ring, & nice amount of tot lot goodies!
Congrats!

But the photo bomb pic is priceless! Lol!

Ya i count the flattened coins as tokens cause i can't spend them. They have been repurposed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread