Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well tot lots are all I ever hit now that summer is here & the temps are around 100 everyday,and hunting has been good for me and my Ace 250 ,I've found over $2 in quarters,nickles and pennies,for some reason I haven't found any dimes in tot lots.Also wire,razor blades,FOIL,and other junk jewlery,but i did find a 10K gold cross yesterday.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I hit one the other day and found quite a bit of coins but only one dime. Not sure why it seems they are scarce either. I love hunting in the wood chips, as the digging is very easy!

Sent from my SCH-R930 using Tapatalk 2

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I tend to find plenty of dimes but very few nickels, go figure.
You must be in a richer area than I am! :laughing7:
I find mostly penneys!

OP
OP
Produce Guy

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well it's been really hot here this past week,temps. around 100-106 everyday.Swung the coil at a new tot-lot today and found 3 different silver earrings ,all say 925 mexico .Two of them were next to each other in the same hole,and the other one was on top of the woodchips.Already looked on Craigslist to see if anybody reported them missing,but nothing yet.

pkb

Feb 10, 2013
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Two Garrett AT PRO's, two Garrett pro pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
love tot lots some of my best finds

OP
OP
Produce Guy

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well it's been really hot and no rain ,or very little rain here, but I went out Tot-Lotting in July & found 2 quarters,2 nickles 7 5 penny's for a total of 85 cents.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Took the Ace to a tot lot this morning after the rain & found $1.39 in change,lots of bobby pins & assorted junk foil and metal.It was so much fun,I plan on going back this summer.:hello2:

You raelize tha UT has one of the best library systems in the world and they are air conditioned. Why not research battles and treasure legends in your area in summer and then go search for them in the fall and winter(doesn't exist for us). Much more fun that way...

pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, CTX3030, SDC2300, GoFind 60, Whites TM-808, Dip Needle, EYES
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Austin-right on the money with that advice! I've been wanting to do just that but always busy...

On the subject of tot lots-I have an interesting (and short I promise) story!

A few years ago I found a necklace with a pendant on it. I saw it said 'Tiffany' and knew it was good, but assumed it to be silver and holding a CZ. I cleaned it up and gave it to my wife, then forgot about it. Well... We have a friend who is a jeweler that we recently were catching up with and had him look at the pendant. Turns out it's white gold and a quarter karat diamond!!

OP
OP
Produce Guy

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most of the battles are sitting on either private land or it's now a strip center.I have searched one treasure legend and found some coins,but also found some snakes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread