Total newbie in Pearland, TX

Bengsxr

Jul 14, 2018
Pearland, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello folks. I am a total newbie living in Pearland TX. So I got into this very recently to get me out of the house (also I do like history) because really if I don't have any honey do items I will go up to my office and play some xbox. I did a lot of research before I bought and went ahead and jumped in the deepest water and bought a CTX 3030 also the 17 inch coil to go with it (because I do love being at the beach). I plan on getting the 6 inch soon also. I went up to Wayne at Metal Detecting Stuff to get everything and he was a pleasure to deal with. So I am pretty sure the only way I learn is just my failures because I been having lots of them since I started this. I bought and read the book by Andy Sabisch and learned a lot from it and am starting to feel like hey I am getting the hang of this. But my first venture out I didn't read the book yet and being the over grown child I opened up the box and had to try it out. First went to a local park at 7am it was close to some woods and the mosquitoes ate me alive so I ran back to my car and headed for home. Next I went to surfside beach at night so the tide was low and hey I found lots of beer pull tabs and 11 cents so hey that was a win for me. But to be honest I didn't know where to hunt the low tide or how to use the CTX 3030 properly yet. I wanted to do a test garden in the back yard but the power lines are buried and it just makes the CTX 3030 go nuts and it will not calm down even running very low settings. I don't want to put the test garden up front either because of the nice yard. I am currently overseas for my job but when I return I want to really start hitting places hard and trying to use the CTX 3030 correctly. If your in my area and planning any outings PLEASE PLEASE let me come so I can try and learn. I do have a perk of my job most of the time when I am not out at a location I am not stuck in a office so my schedule is pretty flexible. I think I bored enough people for now.

Javadroid

Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You've found a great place for information and fellow treasure hunters -- welcome to our community!

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Ace 250, vintage D-Tex SK 70, Tesoro Mojave, Dowsing Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from Brownwood in central Texas!
~Texas Jay

Central Texas Treasure Club

31107-1.jpg RealWorldDetectingWorkshop-7-07-18.jpg

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
welcome from East TX

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from North Central Illinois. 🙋 Hope some of our Texas members can help you out.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions