All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumright: That is a unique find.
HH, Yard Digger

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gti 2500, Garrett Gta 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer -- Whites IDX Pro, AutoMax V2 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nice !!! :icon_thumleft: I would think thats a pretty rare item to find.

Buried Crap NJ

Dec 5, 2009
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab GT,Compass XP-Pro,Fischer 1210X
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I vote banner on this one how many do you think ever have been made.
Banner Banner! Great find!

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a cool find for sure. :icon_thumright:

jopher

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2003
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
IDX Classic SL-x2....Excalibur1000
That is an awesome recovery! I see an auction from 2006 .....$345.00
Not to suggest that the monetary value outweighs the joy of possesing such a historic relic.
Oh yeah............GO MICHIGAN!.....Banner vote!

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does it glow in the dark?

I vote Banner as well, something you definitely don't see every day.
Carl

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
NOW THATS A RARE HIGHLY HISTORICAL TYPE ITEM.

or as some would say "its the bomb"

F

Felinepeachy

HOLY COW!!!!!!!!! That has to be one the coolest things I've ever seen found and posted on here. Congratulations!!!

:notworthy:

OP
OP
T

The Recovery Agents

Oct 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola Vaquero Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow guys thanks for all the banner votes!! I just thought it was cool! Now for the story....... I had been using a borrowed bounty hunter and had found fun in this hobby. Well we all know you can have fun with a bounty hunter but now I was hooked and needed to get serious so I did some research and chose a cibola from tesoro and started reading this forum, and chose a spot that I will not disclose due to it seems to be a honey spot and started swinging the cibola and about 10 min into this venture a person motioned to me and said he and his friends have hunted alot here with good results,but its pretty hunted out, so that was short and sweet,nice older gentalman. Then I started swinging again and a man walking buy stopped and wanted to know all about me cuz metal detecting was his thing and he never saw me around here before. Heck of a nice guy with a nice dog, he told me some about the spot I was at and where the hot spot used to be and said that he and some uncles had hunted it for years and it is pretty hunted out so nice meeting you and good luck and he left. Now me being a newbe only having a year and a half on a bounty hunter gota new top of the line detector (to me any way that was all I could afford) I didn't think much about the hunted out theory and the second gentalmans foot prints were still in the grass and that exact spot was where I found this pin ,way cool to find such a rare find. So to all you Mdr's out there is any place really hunted out?? you know my answer cuz I'm wating for the giant snow piles to melt and I will hunt some more at slower than slow and with a tesoro listen for the wisper that sound has never let me down. Thanks all who have replied and have given banner votes I never expected that. TRA

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
well at the very least you know it was a hot spot in the past * via these older gents -- but those older machinces that they used long ago might have been running a differant freq than your current machine -- folks hunting a reportedly "hunted out" area using a differant freq machine --then those used before on it --will often find "new" and differant targets :wink: :icon_thumright:

Silver Slayer

Jun 19, 2010
CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro, XS, Minelab Excalibur Sea search, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cooler then Clad...great find :notworthy:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread