Totals for 1st month w/the AT GOLD

jeepGold

Sep 7, 2014
Vegas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Nox800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
103.00 in coins, two 10k gold rings (thought they were both costume jewelry), a 14k ring, a silver ring, a silver bracelet. All from grassy parks.... Been busting my hump to get what I got... got a little over 200.00 cash at a jewelry store for the rings and went for the voucher at coinstar on the coins so they dont jip me at 10.9c per dollar.

This is an addictive hobby to say the least. My wrist is hurting (carpal tunnel) from the stupid s shaft so I ordered an Anderson carbon fiber straight shaft. Also buying a used excalibur 1000 next week & will be getting the str8 shaft for that as well, bought a wet suit, neosprene boots, a water scoop, a chest mount for the 1000, & a knob protector...spending MUCH more than I'm making so far but it's an investment.. Can't wait to hit the San Diego beaches. So many coins it made my jeep tip over g.jpg 20141222_164107.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pkb

Feb 10, 2013
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Two Garrett AT PRO's, two Garrett pro pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

BryanM362

Mar 22, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac with Sun Ray probe, Garrett AT Pro, White's Classic SL, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, you have been working hard to get all of that in one month! Those coins don't look all brown like the one's I dig in Ohio. I guess the soil there is easier on them.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish! Unless they're fresh drops or been run through the tumbler, our coins are as nasty as anywhere I've hunted.

BryanM362

Mar 22, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac with Sun Ray probe, Garrett AT Pro, White's Classic SL, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Those can't all be fresh drops. What's the story Jeep?

OP
OP
jeepGold

jeepGold

Sep 7, 2014
Vegas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Nox800
Primary Interest:
They honestly were. I cleaned the hell out of them and it will be the last time I do. I tried the vinegar and salt followed by baking soda thing.. No help. Actually I accidentally had a couple pennies in w/them and it turned EVERYTHING pink.. Then I tried bleach and all kinds of stuff. Nothing worked. SOOO Finally I just used a small hand wire brush and some windex and scrubbed ea one of its crap. (Relax all of you non-abrassive activists. They are pretty much all post 1980 coins. I found 3 wheats and didn't do anything other than dish soap) Then it became obsessive. For now on I'll get them recognizable for the coinstar and that's it! I thought about buying a tumbler but don't wanna drop anymore $ on stuff. It's all dirt park coins I swear..

Last edited:

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What was the vdi on the gold?

signal

Apr 30, 2011
Royal Palm Beach, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030, Minelab Exalibur II, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Impressive! Once you get in the water your going to making some $$$$

BryanM362

Mar 22, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They honestly were. I cleaned the hell out of them and it will be the last time I do. I tried the vinegar and salt followed by baking soda thing.. No help. Actually I accidentally had a couple pennies in w/them and it turned EVERYTHING pink.. Then I tried bleach and all kinds of stuff. Nothing worked. SOOO Finally I just used a small hand wire brush and some windex and scrubbed ea one of its crap. (Relax all of you non-abrassive activists. They are pretty much all post 1980 coins. I found 3 wheats and didn't do anything other than dish soap) Then it became obsessive. For now on I'll get them recognizable for the coinstar and that's it! I thought about buying a tumbler but don't wanna drop anymore $ on stuff. It's all dirt park coins I swear..

You'll get to the point where you just rinse your clad. At least I did. Now silver and Gold you'll want to clean up good! :)

OP
OP
jeepGold

jeepGold

Sep 7, 2014
Vegas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Nox800
Primary Interest:
Impressive! Once you get in the water your going to making some $$$$

Im heading out to the beach water tonight. low tides at 830 and it's gonna be around 47 degrees.. BRRR... For a so cal boy... That's cold! Eager to try out my 4/3 wetsuit, my face mask, borrowing a V3 from a buddy & buying a used excalibur 1000 tomorrow off CL... I'm like a kid in a candy store. My friend pulls gold EVERY TIME he goes out.. I'm not kidding!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello jeepGold,

Replaced my Garrett Infinium LS shaft with an Anderson, what a difference in the detector feel and balance.

Regards,

aliciakay1981

Dec 9, 2013
north carolina
Detector(s) used
at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you can get a rock tumbler from harbor freight for about 30 bucks and a small bag of aqurium rocks from walmart for around a dollar, thats how i clean my park change, works very well. good luck it is addictive : )

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Very nice scores, nice Jeep pics too. :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread