Tough day for one silver dime

rb24

Greenie
Jan 2, 2006
Deep in the Heart of Texas
Just to let you guys know, I really appreciate all your replies and encouragement. I'm still using my old maps and working hard. It's all there. Most interesting is a .50 caliber bullet, diez centavos, a silver Rosevelt dime (1962), and of course, that silver spoon I've been looking for since childhood. (It's not really silver...so...I guess I still have to keep working hard). Hope your weekend is productive! Thands, rb24

Attachments

• MVC-455S.JPG
    MVC-455S.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 205
Upvote 0

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Congrats on the silver! Definitely looks liked you worked hard. I know those darn screw caps can be frustrating at times. HH and keep 'em comin' 8)

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
Congrats on the silver and I like finding foreign coins as well. That's a fairly large bullet, good luck and keep at it. :)

TimmyNY

Nov 28, 2005
Western New York
Believe it or not you have some interesting relics there. ?I like the spoon ?I have found some toddler size silver forks and spoons at old house sites. they can be very interesting. ?what is coin/token under the dime? ?I am also interested in the rectangular thing with tabs on the left side of the pic. ?looks like a belt buckle front for a web belt. ?common with military and boy scouts. ?anything on the front of it?

Tim

Attachments

• toddler fork.JPG
    toddler fork.JPG
    93.8 KB · Views: 158

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice to see someone using old maps to find sites.....Good luck in the future.......Seeker

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
RB, it looks like you had a good time. I like the spoon, too. It looks child sized.

I found a doll spoon this summer. I love it, because it came from the house where my mom grew up. She loved dolls, so I like to think it was hers.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread