Tracker IV - shells and bottlecaps

melvin_it

Nov 22, 2006
South Italy
Detector(s) used
DeLeon; Vaquero; CX II with Treasure Hound; Tracker IV; BH3300; some chinese funny junk as MD1069:)
Hi all,
I wanted a funny back up unit to store in the trunk of my car and, although I'm a Garrett user, I purchased a T IV off from EBay for 85,00 bucks plus shippings and fees to Italy...Well, I must admit that I still was a bit skeptical while assembling the unit: it seemed like a toy to me. But I was wrong!!!

In my yard it found stuff that my Garretts missed out and I'm pretty satisfied with it. I like the junk discrimination that is quite accurate so it notches out very well, while in all metal it show he's able to picks all the targets found with the CX. Then it's so light!! And I love the round coil for pinpointintin'..

I've only a trouble with the shells/cartridges: ain't no way to share 'em from the pulltabs as Garretts do. They both give a low tone in tone mode or an high tone in discrim mode when I put 'em in accept range by turning the knob clockwise...It hurts me a bit 'cause I like old 22 and cal.9 shells...any tips??

Thanks.

Melvin

OP
OP
melvin_it

melvin_it

Nov 22, 2006
South Italy
Detector(s) used
DeLeon; Vaquero; CX II with Treasure Hound; Tracker IV; BH3300; some chinese funny junk as MD1069:)
...No tips...Anyway, I've found some improvement by turning the sens down but more than I'd expecting for. The difference in tones between both came out at least. All in all the T IV is a super detector for the value, and yesterday it gave me a very cool find..who knows I would become a true BH user?!.:wink:

Ciao.

M.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread