Tracker IV Trouble

Coins4Cheese

Jun 30, 2009
Japan
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Garret Ace 250
I'm having this weird problem with my BH Tracker IV. I was planning on hunting in the woods, so I disassembled my metal detector, and when I got to the woods and put it back together, it started beeping whenever I moved it slightly. It's not metal, because I tested it by swinging it in the air, and it still beeped. I even put my sensitivity the lowest it can go, and it still beeped. Any help would be appreciated.

turtlefoot13

Aug 23, 2009
The Ozarks, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Two things to check:

1. Make sure that your batteries are fresh. I had one detector that would beep nonstop when the batteries got low.

2 Make sure that you have a good connection with the coil. If it is loose at all or if it has dust/dirt on the pins it will be VERY erratic with the beeping.

Last but not least, if it isn't anything simple like above, email Bounty Hunter. They have answered all of the questions that I have ever sent them. They will take several days to a week to get back to you though.

Doug

chinchilla

Dec 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
Tesoro, White's
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I suppose you get that problem everywhere, if not, be sure you are not affected by EMI, some power-lines can cause some trouble

as turtlefoot13 said, if none of these solutions resolve the problem email bounty hunter

WishfulThinker

Jan 10, 2009
Houston, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does it use 9-Volt batteries ... had problems with connectors.. use pliers to bend-in slightly. Use contact cleaner on all plug in connections and sockets. Otherwise, look for cable conection problems or breaks in cable. Set detector on wood table and move cable position with your hand .. see if detector acts up.

eldorado

Mar 19, 2009
Northwest OHIO
Detector(s) used
started out with compass nugget.1970? have had many over years, current choice is Garrett ACE 350. collection includes: ace 250, AT Pro, ATX, Whites 6000, whites classic, still have my compass too.
Instead of a metal detector you may have gotten a BS detector,,, I bet there are poiticians nearby

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions