packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Tractor rebuild (getting closer)

Wow goat, that's a beauty! That would sure be fun to restore. If you ever get serious about fixin' her up, keep us updated on your progress. Don't worry about hi-jackin', it's a tractor thread and you made a purdy addition to it. :wink:
Hey pippin, what year is the 9N? They're also a neat machine. Actually, I think I like ALL tractors, kinda like trains.

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Re: Tractor rebuild (getting closer)

Great pics, PB!

I see JD has full confidence in you, he don't even need to get up and supervise!

...That Mighty Mite looks like fun!

:thumbsup:

OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all of the kind remarks you folks have made to this thread. All of the positive remarks were encouraging. We spent this last weekend doing the final assembly and fired her up! Had a few problems at first but she now purrs like a kitten when it starts. Still need to install 2 gauges and install one more hydraulic line but she runs and is now out of the field and in the driveway. Need to get her covered for the Winter. Then we started looking at the attachments and decided we can't pull those ugly things behind this purdy tractor. ::)
Hey Hunter, come on out, she's ready to ride!!!

Attachments

• trac94.jpg
    trac94.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 446
  • trac96.jpg
    trac96.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 448
  • trac91.jpg
    trac91.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 430
  • trac92.jpg
    trac92.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 444

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Hey, Packer, beautifull job of restoring. Looks better than new now. Boy , seeing that brings back some good old memories.
You will have to get some of pieces of equipment for it and sand repaint them so they all match and look like they all
came together, LOL

Ray karenray08

OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, tires got dirty driving her out of the field. Gonna have to gravel 20 acres so that don't happen again. ;D
Don't know what colors we'll do the attachments yet.
Here are 2 more pics that kinda show before and after from a similar perspective. One taken 9/27/08 and the other 12/14/08. With the beer we went through during this entire project, my buddy said we will probably have to go through detox before we start the next one. :occasion14:

Attachments

• trac99.jpg
    trac99.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 425
  • trac100.jpg
    trac100.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 428

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wait wheres the other front tire? dont tell me you did that to save $$$ :thumbsup:

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Congrats, PB.

Very nice looking machine.

I hope there is a parade for it before you put her to work.

Good job :thumbsup:
rmptr

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellant job guys, looks great.

Fossis...............

olegoat

Oct 18, 2007
southeast tn
Detector(s) used
fisher 1220x,gc-1023,tesoro tejon , fisher f-2, compass yukon 77b, tesoro bandito 11 umax
looks like working on that tractor had an effect on global warming, you went from shorts, t-shirt to long pants and a coat---lol
good job :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hunter would love a ride I cant wait to show him this again! And next summer he has an aunt that lives in CA thats getting married so they are going to the wedding have no idea where but Hehe! I really think it turned out fantastic and I will show it to him as soon as I can hes gonna LOVE IT!

Scott (Mich)

Mar 23, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was one excellent job you guys did :thumbsup: . Heh the one tire in the front does look odd for a tractor. My dad used to have a John Deere 620 I believe, it had two close together tires that were kind of angled and boy it loved to nose-dive in the muddy ground. I think that is why many tractors went to two wide stance front tires.

Now you have a show quality tractor.

OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, that one-wheel in front bracket is a discontinued part. As a matter of fact, you can't get the double-wheel bracket anymore either (The one where both front wheels were close together). The safest front end has the wheels considerably distanced from each other; much more stable. As mentioned earlier, the ground on this property is pretty level so there shouldn't be too much of a problem unless it's very muddy but, if it's that muddy, there wouldn't be a need to go out there in the first place. Then again, if someone gets their pickup stuck in the mud, may need the tractor to pull it out. :wink:

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
the one tire in front and the two narrow tire in front set ups were designed for a tighter turning radius.
the wide set tires were a setup to run a cultivator down the rows, it was more stable on a side hill also

Excavator

Oct 18, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Well done! :wink: I like the white head and manifold.

For a second there I thought you had a transmission gremlin popping up.

Perfect for a Christmas parade, it matches Santa's uniform, so you'll need to wear one.

Do any wheelies yet? :P

They look kinda mean when you spin the wheels out wide. Make those ricers envious. :D

labradoodle of pa

Feb 3, 2008
newburg pa
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2 Tesoro Vaquero and Tiger Shark bullseye prob
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Real nice job I have done lots of cars kinda burnt out on cars been wanting to do a tractor I have an old coke cooler and an old royal crown cooler also and 2 gas pumps I am going to do first I am looking at some tractors again nice job :thumbsup: :icon_sunny: :3some: :happy3: :hello2: :icon_santa:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread