jarocki

May 27, 2013
Evansville, IN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 (Tracker 4)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried all week to call to get permission. It was a crazy day, I was stuck in Kokomo for most of the day. I did have my new detector with me, so I hit the small parks getting used to it. It wasn't until about 8pm that I got over there after making a comparison between the old unit and the new unit. I went with the intent of not digging. Figured there might be items on the surface. Did not see or find anything, but with all the beeps I got I need to get back, but the ground was really hard. I did a test dig, and the ground was like cement, rain will help. I only looked near the fence, where I saw all campers. First Saturday after some rain I am going, the beeps so did seemed promising.

GRiley

Apr 15, 2013
North Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster 6000/DI Series 3
Whites 6000/DI Pro SL
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
jrocki,
What new detector? Did you post about it? Congrats on your purchase.

Maybe in a few weeks I can get away and hunt somewhere with you. I don't mind finding clads at all but prefer that theres at least a chance to find some 100 year old stuff. I am a little tired of digging corroded zinc cents. They just don't make em like they used to:) .............GRiley

OP
OP
jarocki

jarocki

May 27, 2013
Evansville, IN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought a new bounty hunter 505 from a man in Tennessee, and shipping was included and a 4" coil for $175. I hear you on the clad, the fair grounds have been around for a while hard telling. Wanted to hit Foster park in the morning, with the taste of kokomo going on right now till 11pm, but I don't think I will make it.

OP
OP
jarocki

jarocki

May 27, 2013
Evansville, IN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spent all morning at foster park, did better when I switched to the 4" coil again. At least I found some stuff, a lot of trash, but some pre 1981 pennies (according to the coin guy, those are copper). Found out that the false reading are because the shaft as a little play in it. Going to try a wrap of black tape to see if that helps, otherwise guerilla glue will take care of it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread