Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello Gang, I 'think' I may have dug a Native American trade bracelet, but am not sure. I found it in the Piedmont area of North Carolina where the Saponi Indians once lived. I originally posted it under 'What Is It,' and the link is below. Thank you in advance for any thoughts or ideas. :D Breezie
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,418015.0.html

Upvote 0

olroy70

Feb 3, 2011
gainesville, tx
Detector(s) used
Garret 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After looking at it, it isn't like any bull or hog ring I have seen. All of them have a way that they cant be pulled off very easy..

I like it!

joshuaream

Silver Member
Jun 25, 2009
Florida & Hong Kong
It doesn't look like a trade bracelet to me, but I'm used to either Spanish or French and this would probably have been British.

From what I have read in your area there wasn't a lot of trading going on because the natives didn't have much of what the settlers needed. The French, Spanish and to a lesser degree the Dutch were going for exportable commodities and traded to get them. The English came here to live and contrary to the rosey disney stories, it tended to be a shoot on sight relation for both groups. (eg. The Dutch bought Manhattan for beads, the English just took what they wanted.)

All that said, post this in the Fur Trade category and see what the trade experts say.

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
Morehead City / Newport NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey there Breezie, :hello:
Just getting back on here tonight been on the move seems like for ever now but have about got the move rapped up now.If it is a trade bracelet the closes would be french/European .You can contact these two guy's in this post of mine & they will most likely know for sure.Dave will get back right away most likely,but Buck is who I feel has what it takes for the find I made as that is what he studies as far as here on the coast,but may take sometime for him to get back with you.
Take Care,
Pete, :hello:
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,382859.0.html

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread