Trade Bulb of Percussion Thumb Unifacial Scrapers (OH,IL??) for Historic beads??

tomclark

Bronze Member
Dec 18, 2006
Tampa Bay, FL
Detector(s) used
ShadowX2, TEJON, Eyes, Pony Shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
I think I like tools better than points, excepting a few selects and perfect "types".....
I have hundreds of scrapers from FL that I have found. ALL types.

I've gleaned most of any non-FL and non-personal finds from my collection.

I have these two "thumbnail" unifacial scrapers, both made on a bulb of percussion flake. I have many like them from FL. I think most of them were hafted. Classic ones like these that show the bulb aren't as common or as obvious. You can clearly see the bulb.

I did not find these. When a person I do busines with learned that I collected artifacts, he gave these to me from a family farm he had for many years. Actually I cherry picked a gaggle of them. I believe he said they were from OH or IL....... I've had them for over 20 years, in with the rest of my collection of tools and scrapers.

The white one has IMHOP recent damage on the side that looks damaged, looks just like a shovel ding.....!!!!:laughing7::thumbsup:, which is not in too bad a spot. But the business end of this odd tool is awesomey steeply beveled, very few are like that. I've found many paleo scrapers down here in FL that had that type of work plus this has chalky thick patina, very old. That one bit of damage is the only detraction from the piece.

The other one is made of a sweet grey material with FILTHY end flaking, master knapping. Uniface like the other. Has one spot that looks damaged but it is old damage or old/original work/damage. I do not consider it broken.
These are two exceptional scrapers (IMHOP!) if you like this type of tool. I don't want to put them up on ebay, LOL. I would hope that maybe someone from that area/somone I know would appreciate them would like to trade for them. Or someone who specializes in tools. I would trade them for any number you think/we agree of real historic trade bead(s), not shell beads, from OH or IL??......or any other part of the country, especially Florida. Don't be shy. Ask. We each mail 'em. Me first. Boom. I'm only putting them up on a few boards. Thanks! I will guar-run-tee unconditionally these artifacts as authentic and you may cancel if not satisfied. I know I will be.

Florida found beads would be much preferred (as long as they aren't from the famous fake/not old site, LOL). None of the pics do them real justice, they were taken with a cellphone.

Upvote 0

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Poking fun at somebody I guess. Are you being serious or just joking?

Last edited:

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best of luck Tom.
I'm like you with beads..all four I've found were hard earned.
It's definitely feast or famine down here with those.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread