mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Picked up 5 dime boxes yesterday. Four were 2012. I was determined to swap them instead of just bust them open and dump them. Hit 5 banks and managed to trade them all. I've never found a lot in cwr dimes before but today I ended up with 9 silver dimes. It made me realize that the 2012's are an opportunity, not a skunk. Some of the banks I visited wouldn't have just sold me the cwr because it would have left then short for their business customers. By trading, I got something to search and the banks stock of coin was not depleted. Also it made the tellers happy because as we all know, cwr can be short, loaded with funny money or non money etc. I did get some funny money but enough silver that I didn't care. As I mentioned earlier, I haven't had good luck with cwr before but I realized that today was the biggest volume of cwr that I had gone through and if I get more 2012 next week, I'm going to do the same thing. HH to all.

Attachments

• image-1491327140.jpg
    image-1491327140.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 94
  • image-2626323452.jpg
    image-2626323452.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 86
Upvote 0

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
Sweet Haul, never got even a solid roll of 2012's... so no good opportunity here :(
Good luck next week :D
Wicka

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool dimes... Those Canadiens are nice. I've done that w/ new boxes of pennies before. Much easier than dumping them... And u dont waste a dump w/new coins. Good call!

OP
OP
mercury1

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
sagittarius98 said:
The Canadian "funny money" is 80% silver.

I knew that. I'll take those all day long. I look at Canadian differently then other foreign coins. I got more Canadian then what was pictured but was only showing my silver haul. The non silver Canadian gets released back into the wild. The other foreign coins go in the funny money jar.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread