traded for a new toy

mrtim

Jan 7, 2008
Nancy, KY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Whites Spectra V3i HP, Whites MX Sport, Fisher F2, Bounty Hunter Quicksilver, Nokta/Makro Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hated my old ski type boat since it was hard to fish from. Traded to a larger boat more suited for my needs. Hope it will take me to some new swimming areas to detect too.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• 18scx.jpeg
    18scx.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 165
  • 18scx1.jpeg
    18scx1.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 159

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice!

Have the wheel bearings been inspected and lubed this year?
Trailer wiring needs some t.l.c..quick. Non working lights are a problem. More so if you get ticketed. More so than that if you get in an accident turning when no one else knows you are going to turn.

And I don't see a safety chain from bow to winch or trailer. Not saying it doesn't exist. Just not seeing it.
Having winched a boat off dry ground , I can't recommend that.
And a friend dropped his bigger boat off the trailer while hauling it. He graduated to a safety chain after....

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats and Big Fish!:hello2:

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Engine parts are getting hard to find my Brother is thinking of selling his Triton if he gets the price he's asking.

OP
OP
mrtim

mrtim

Jan 7, 2008
Nancy, KY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Whites Spectra V3i HP, Whites MX Sport, Fisher F2, Bounty Hunter Quicksilver, Nokta/Makro Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had to clean the trailer wiring up some and replace one bulb but lights all work.
Wheel bearings are good but need to replace one bearing buddy to keep grease in and have the zerk fitting, they stayed nice and cool during the 2 hour tow home.
Safety chain between boat and trailer is not there but safety chains are there for the hitch. I've got a 3' length of chain I will be adding to the trailer to connect to the bow of the boat. It does have the winch strap hooked to the boat though.
It needs a few things done to it but I can't afford a brand new bass boat (way too expensive for me).
Thanks for the advice.
Nice!

Have the wheel bearings been inspected and lubed this year?
Trailer wiring needs some t.l.c..quick. Non working lights are a problem. More so if you get ticketed. More so than that if you get in an accident turning when no one else knows you are going to turn.

And I don't see a safety chain from bow to winch or trailer. Not saying it doesn't exist. Just not seeing it.
Having winched a boat off dry ground , I can't recommend that.
And a friend dropped his bigger boat off the trailer while hauling it. He graduated to a safety chain after....

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I had to clean the trailer wiring up some and replace one bulb but lights all work.
Wheel bearings are good but need to replace one bearing buddy to keep grease in and have the zerk fitting, they stayed nice and cool during the 2 hour tow home.
Safety chain between boat and trailer is not there but safety chains are there for the hitch. I've got a 3' length of chain I will be adding to the trailer to connect to the bow of the boat. It does have the winch strap hooked to the boat though.
It needs a few things done to it but I can't afford a brand new bass boat (way too expensive for me).
Thanks for the advice.

When it has the right things wrong with it that you can square up , you're doing good!
I hear you on the new prices.....

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! I just recently went with the Hummingbird Helix radar and the minnkota spot lock all linked by blue tooth and GPS. You can almost read the goodyear on a tire. If in doubt I drop down an HD aquaview live camera for a peek.
Lots of treasure under the water. That jack plate you have on there will get you to shore in some shallows. When I had a fiberglass boat I used a bungee anchor to hold my boat off the shore to not scratch it up.
I fish a lot but I also get out of the boat on shore. You would like the new radar technology. You see everything...........
Be safe and have fun. Nice looking rig!
Tight lines!

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Had boats all my life. Sold my last one 2 yrs ago. It was an offshore center console. Maintenance is the key on boat & trailer after every trip. Still there is always some needing fixed! B.O.A.T.
Break out another thousand.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread